X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by r-mracing View Post
      Just a note to all, we have just updated our warranty on the gear to a 60 Day free part replacement against defects or breakage of the part.

Obviously, this warranty does not cover damage caused from outside objects or forces. It only covers the part physically breaking from normal use.
      So if I buy this and it breaks and destroys my head and pistons, you'll replace all of that and pay for the labor?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Where does it say that? They'll replace the PART, as in the gear, if it for some reason fails.

Comment

And that was where he was going with that, sure you get your $100 part replaced and leaves you with a potential of > $1000 in collateral damage to contend with.
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
            And that was where he was going with that, sure you get your $100 part replaced and leaves you with a potential of > $1000 in collateral damage to contend with.
            That's a risk you have to accept when modifying vehicles. If that isn't something you are willing to live with, buy an Accord and keep it stock.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I was just responding to what accident's comment was about, hopefully there is no issues with these as I have one I will be trying myself... :)
              My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
              4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                So if I buy this and it breaks and destroys my head and pistons, you'll replace all of that and pay for the labor?
                Due to the many harsh conditions that modifying an engine can cause, we cannot cover anything besides our own part in warranty which is the case with every single performance parts company that I have ever dealt with.

We have had absolutely no quality issues with these parts since we have begun selling them. The only issues that have been noted are that there are fitment issues with EARLY model due to a change in the motor design from BMW. All fitment problems are correctable with VERY little modification to an existing part. ALL instructions for this fitment problem are included.

We are currently in the process of R&D for 3 new E30 specific products and expect to release them to public by the End of January. Be Ready! :)
                R-MRacing.com Quality Products at great prices!

E30 M20 Adjustable Cam Gear

Comment

bump/info

Just a bump up as well as new info on our cam gears. We have redesigned them as explained in the retail classifieds section. Here is a link to our product page.

E30 Adjustable Cam Gear

The gears have a STRONGER outer tooth ring as well as ALL forged 12.9 hardware. We took a great part that already had been tried and proven and made it even better and stronger.

Any questions either PM me, email us at: admin@r-mracing.com, or call us (818)857-5011

-Riley Alexander
                  R-M Racing Partner

Comment

I have the VAC adjustable cam gear and im very happy with it. With that said I would say that an adjustable cam gear is an adjustable cam gear. Either they work or they dont, This part looks like a good piece, and it looks cooler than the black VAC piece. My car is a race car and rarely has the hood up, all I want people to see is the 6" supertrapp and the rear bumper!

I also have the VAC billet rockers and I would not use any other rocker in the M20 but the VAC.
                    Brian Jacobs

Comment

here's mine
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Has anyone done some tests on what will
                        make the car faster using the stock cam?

Comment

long tube headers (not ebay junk) & full proper built exhaust.
                          remove AFM (Miller MAF kit, megasquirt, etc)
                          tuning (dyno tune is best, megasquirt, miller WAR, etc)

headwork and intake work will help, but if you're opening up the head you may as well upgrade the cam.

a cam gear by itself isn't going to do much. The purpose is to adjust your powerband for your use and desired RPM range. It could also work to fix the timing on an engine that's had the head and block decked.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

faster or quicker?

raise the gearing but you will lower top end. I use a 4.10 and top speed is limited to around 135
                            Brian Jacobs

Comment

theoretically I could do 155 with my 4.10s. You can make reliable peak power at 6500-7000 without sacraficing too much. But it's a system, as you know. I'm ending up redoing a lot of things after realizing how it works together..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nice

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                here's mine
                                Nice to see you already got it installed! When you get your motor all running, we would appreciate any feedback you can give us :)

-Riley Alexander
                                R-M Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X