87 Vert with Vanos M62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Vert with Vanos M62

picked up a M62Tu off a 2001 740iL wiht 107k miles on engine.i not only took engine but i took about 100000 miles of Wires LOL yup pretty much the whole chassis wiring :) fucking rats nest but its fun:) here's are the pictures

the last two pics are from the cockpit of a Vulva v70 LOL i stuffed that bitch in the back of my wagon and strapped the whole exhaust on the roof and drove like a boss 35 miles on the freeway at night LOL no pictures of the engine in wagon and exhaust on my roof cuz i forgot and was anxious to get that shit out and start cleaning it so i had to take exhaust off first to open rear door.

Comment

Nice can caramel color=good maintenance.valve cover are gonna get power-coated silver i was thinking black but idk PM if i should go with black or silver because iam still debating

Comment

DbW BULLSHIT but if a human being can install S62's S54's S85's into an e30 with DbW(Drive by Wire) so can i :) just Patience and persistence.just reduced teh wiring by about maybe 2 miles of wiring out of 100000 miles of wiring left

Comment

then on the night of July 28th i get smacked by a fucking ford E250(late model with dealer plates still attached)

Comment

Comment

so since i had to knock out my front core i decided to mock fit my M62Tu.iam replacing the damage.

engine support frame rail

Comment

Out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Last edited by Etexise30; 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

i got a used Spec M5 clutch from my friend that im going to put on this engine

Comment

didn't read, but are you keeping VANOS and OBD2?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        didn't read, but are you keeping VANOS and OBD2?
                        yup but if it fails then imma unlock the DME and bypass EWS,and the rest of the bullshit it has so i can run it like a standalone

Comment

Originally posted by Etexise30 View Post
                          yup but if it fails then imma unlock the DME and bypass EWS,and the rest of the bullshit it has so i can run it like a standalone
                          why not use heads/intake/wiring harness/ecu off of an M60B40?

Comment

nice another socal swapper!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              why not use heads/intake/wiring harness/ecu off of an M60B40?
                              well from wat i heard the M62Tu has more torque and the DME is super tuner friendly

Comment

Working...
                              X