FS: 90 325i Sedan for parts or quick fixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 90 325i Sedan for parts or quick fixer

I am attempting to sell my 1990 325i as a whole package first, rather than parting it out.

So here it goes:

I bought the car in February of 2010. An amazingly well taken care of car, I am the 4th owner of the car. I have every record of shop maintenance done on the car, since the car was purchased in 1990. I have all records of the car being purchased, and transported to the United States. Pretty cool records. For a year, the car was up in Wyoming, where I rarely drove it.

Car has 270,000 miles. The top half was completely rebuilt by Murray BMW at 214k miles. I've done compression tests on the motor over the last few years, and has even across the board compression. It does leak some oil, at the oil pan. I do regular oil changes every 5,000 miles with Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.

Exterior:
    Diamantschwarz Metallic
    Gunmetal MiM 1900 15x7" wheels
    2 with Yokohoma ES100 tires and 2 with Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tires
    ALSO INCLUDED: Complete set of perfect condition snow/winter tires
    Plastic Bumpers front and rear
    Front windshield was replaced 4 years ago, still in perfect shape.

Interior:
    Black-Super clean, other than some stains on carpet
    Vinyl front sport seats, re-covered 4 years ago. In perfect shape.
    Back seats gray cloth
    Dashboard has the usual cracks
    No stereo. I do have a Pioneer DEH-7100BT and JL Audio 300/2 Amp wired and installed, that I would be willing to sell with the car at an extra cost.
    Pioneer coaxial speakers in front, and Rockfor Fosgate in the back
    Short Shifter
    Heater works perfect, A/C does not.
    Omega Keyless Entry

Suspension:
    H&R Race Springs
    Newer Bilstein Shocks
    3.23 LSD Rear Diff

Now with the bad:
    The rear drivers side shock tower needs to be replaced. Rust built around the welded seam, and deteriorated it to the point that the joint ripped out due to a worn upper strut mount bushing. This will need to be replaced in order to drive the vehicle. That being said, the rest of the car has MINIMAL rust, no rust in the floor boards, nor the rest of the trunk floor.

Rear window is cracked. It has been cracked for roughly a year, due to a neighbhorhood kid throwing a baseball and it hit the edge of the window and shattered it. I never replaced it because, A. I didn't have the money and B. I didn't want the tint to be mismatched.

I am selling as is for $2,200. Price is firm, I'm purely selling it at the price for convenience more than anything. I could easily part the vehicle and make the more than $2,000, but I would prefer to just sell it as one and take a hit for money loss.

Here are pics:

Interior is super clean

Seats

Back seats

Under carpet

Trunk

Has all trunk stuff

Spare tire in perfect shap

New battery in the last year

Tires and wheels, and winter tires

Pictures of bad stuff:
    The bad suspension

From inside the car

Rust areas

Last edited by boosted_E30; 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM.

This probably will sell pretty easily. BUT....I would love to buy those seats from you if it comes down to parting out yourself. :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Those wheels are nice!

Comment

we already talked a bit, but dibs on wheels+tires if you part it. srs.

Comment

Your e30 is quite nice man. IMO DON'T part it out, I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell for around your asking price. Other than the broken shock tower it could be fixed and the rust is pretty normal on rear valences. Good luck with your sale!
          IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I'll give it a couple more days, and if I get no interest on here or CL I'll start parting it out!

Comment

Alrighty ladies and gents, I'm going to start parting out the car. R3V has first dibs on stuff before I throw parts on CL.

Anyone need anything you see in the photos?

Comment

How much for both front fenders and hood?

Would you be willing to ship them?
                IG: @_j.wn

Comment

the car looks like diamond schwartz, not diamond schwartz metallic from the photos. If it is indeed the metallic (to me its a little more grey and sparkley), then I am interested in the front fenders for my euro iX (need to get rid of those ugly federalized side markers), possibly the radiator, the battery tray in the trunk, and maybe the triangle/first aid kit.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I like that shift knob, price?

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      the car looks like diamond schwartz, not diamond schwartz metallic from the photos. If it is indeed the metallic (to me its a little more grey and sparkley), then I am interested in the front fenders for my euro iX (need to get rid of those ugly federalized side markers), possibly the radiator, the battery tray in the trunk, and maybe the triangle/first aid kit.
                      Good catch on not being metallic. I just copy and pasted the paint name because I couldnt get schwartz down for some retarded reason. It is in fact diamond schwartz

Comment

Wow, you are really going to part it?

How much for:
                        Windshield
                        Alternator
                        Shift boot
                        eBrake boot
                        Brake Booster
                        Front Bumper Trim
                        Kidneys
                        Cluster

Snow Tires
                        Front Seats
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

So, I'm cutting my losses, and letting this go for cheap.

$1200 or reasonable offer for for the car. Perfect title, runs perfect, everything is perfectly functional

I have sold the front and rear seats, center console, and some random items.

I took the interior apart, removed the door panels in the back and front. I was prepping to sell the parts individually, but my wife and I had a baby.........so it has eliminated all my time.

I've have quite a few interest, with very little effort on the wheels for $700 just a heads up. If you decided to part the car out, you would make your money back no problem.

Give you guys first dibs before I put it on Craigslist
                          Last edited by boosted_E30; 12-12-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I need a glove box like nobody's business.... GLWS
                            All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

I have one and im also in the springs.

Originally posted by RLTW86 View Post
                              I need a glove box like nobody's business.... GLWS

Comment

Working...
                              X