Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condor Speed Shop shift knob

So as some of you know Condor Speed shop released a new shift knob,

Condor Speed Shop designed its very own weighted tall shift knob for all manual BMWs. This BMW performance upgrade assists the driver with quicker gear changes.

Lets get down to it,

You can choose between the black cap, and an mtech cap...its for my drift car so i just went with black.

First impressions upon opening...this thing feels great. Nice weight to it, very good length, feels super durable and extremely well made (i didnt expect any less from Carlos)

Heres the knob and black cap (sticker was put on by me).

The weight is removable for those of you who want a light knob, simply insert an allen key into the hole, unscrew and and drop the weight out.

Finally here is the knob in the car with a tape measure for reference, sits just perfectly, super great feel going through the gears sitting in the garage.

I will update this review with a full driving impressions video, though i know already this knob is not going to ever be replaced. I had a jaffster and liked it, but was very plain and slippery. This knob feels/looks much nicer the added design ensures you have a nice solid grip and the weight will make throwing gears smoother and more effortless.

I would hesitate to drop the cash on something your only going to buy once.

Also if anyone is in the NYC area and is on the fence with it, just let me know your more then welcome to drop by and try it in your car.
    Last edited by FLG; 11-10-2013, 11:51 AM.
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Subscribed for sure. Almost bought the m-tech one the other day but decided at the moment that it probably wouldn't be smart to drop a little over a hundred bones on a shift knob Iin the middle of the turbo build.
    sigpic
    85 swartz/metallic 325E
    84 alpine 325E
    85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
    84 Bronzit 318i/sold
    purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Frank, any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
        Frank, any updates?
        Hey carlos!

Still loving the knob. The weight makes throwing much more effortless. Of all the knobs I've used, still love this one and don't plan on ever changing it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Got mine today and it is an awesome looking and feeling knob! Much cooler than my jaffster knob an much more ergonomic.
          Only complaints:
          1. For the $115 price tag, it would be nice if you guys included the Allen key for the set screws. 3/32s right?
          2. Kinda lame that it was $13.xx in shipping costs when the knob was sent in a $5.90 flat rate box. :p

Both these complaints have little to do with the actually knob which is beautiful! Nice product.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
            Got mine today and it is an awesome looking and feeling knob! Much cooler than my jaffster knob an much more ergonomic.
            Only complaints:
            1. For the $115 price tag, it would be nice if you guys included the Allen key for the set screws. 3/32s right?
            2. Kinda lame that it was $13.xx in shipping costs when the knob was sent in a $5.90 flat rate box. :p

Both these complaints have little to do with the actually knob which is beautiful! Nice product.
            One thing Blunt learned me on was that a lot of times companies charge for shipping and handling. The important part is the handling aspect. It covers the cost of having employees sort and package your order. Just something to keep in mind.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Love mine. Looks and feels great!
              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Love mine, no complaints

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Still going strong. FYI just make sure you tighten up the weight good, mine got a little loose due to me not doing so.

Comment

Yep^, been using mine ever since I 5 speed swapped my car a few months ago.. I love it, maybe its just my sitting height but I feel like it is in the perfect spot for me.

Comment

Any other feedback or reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                          Any other feedback or reviews?
                          Got to be a few others

Comment

I like mine. It's sitting on top of a Rogue Engineering SS and the throws are perfect.
                            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
                              I like mine. It's sitting on top of a Rogue Engineering SS and the throws are perfect.
                              Good to hear!

Comment

Working...
                              X