No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mirrors turned out pretty good I think. A hell of an improvement from the old oxidated look they harbored before.

This is how my car is currently sitting... because I can.

Comment

I painted my tailights red the other day. I think they turned out great. I got a local paint shop to make me some candy red paint and then in put down the clear. Next up, new trunk without the spoiler. The picture of them on the car doesn't do it justice either. They are a lot richer than the picture shows.

Comment

I attempted to replace my steering coupler this weekend with the IE version. The IX is completely different than the DIY I found and I am asking the forums assistance. Anyone who can help me with any advice who has replaced the steering coupler on an IX will be loved forever by me. It might not be that appealing, but it does come with the benefit of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I will send you a box.

Comment

Shame you tucked the bumper:(

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411495720.917300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	7169651
            I was driving out of the parking garage and just had to stop to take a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by anokES View Post
              Shame you tucked the bumper:(

Yea I know some people don't like them tucked. I think it's one million times better though.

Comment

Looking good. I think I saw you and your Audi and strong Audi the other day I work there. Another thing you could do to clean up the front is get a rear bumper strip, cut it and screw it in to the license plate holes. Like this

Comment

I don't like the black kidney grills but to each his own

Comment

Originally posted by slc325ix View Post
                    Looking good. I think I saw you and your Audi and strong Audi the other day I work there. Another thing you could do to clean up the front is get a rear bumper strip, cut it and screw it in to the license plate holes. Like this
                    Someone just PM'd me where I got my plate filler. I just cut the stock front License plate holder down to match the trim going around. I did however do what you did in the beginning, but it wasn't flush against the bumper.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by slc325ix View Post

I think that looks so much better. Where did you find the rear bumper strip? Did you get it at a pull yard? I still need lots of work on this car before it will look anything like I think it should look like.

Comment

Originally posted by anokES View Post
                        I don't like the black kidney grills but to each his own

Thanks for your input. 😊

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411673019.736770.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	7169682
                          This is my car today. I hope this weekend I can show it some love. It's a slow progress to say the least.

Comment

Do any of you guys happen to have any shadowline laying around?

Comment

Really dig your car! I recently helped a friend tint his lights red and they looked so good, but the pics really don't do them justice...
                              M Technic Badge Replicas for sale
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=336902

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411742763.189082.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	7169718
                                Got some stuff in the mail for this weekend, but I'm most excited about this one. Dynamat Xtreme and Dynaliner.

I have the intake boot, an interior light and a valve cover gasket. Those will also be installed this weekend assuming the dynamat doesn't take too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X