Sssquid.com motronic tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sssquid.com motronic tuning

So I've been building this car for a couple years now, and once driveable, just thought I'd enjoy it for a while. Big mistake. Well let me back up...

I found this car in quite a state of disrepair and spent a lot of time and money bringing it back up to speed, starting by addressing all maintenance issues: rebuilt the brakes, replaced the timing belt, thermostat, water pump, belts, hoses, adjusted the valves, yada yada yada. I then pulled the head off and had it reworked by a local speed shop. Put it back together with Bimmerheads 274 grind cam, VAC adjustable cam gear, 19lb injectors and had dasGerman scratch build a dual 2" exhaust to go along with some long throw headers I had sourced (they also did much of the rebuild).

So once back together, I just thought I'd enjoy the car for a while. Like I said, big mistake. Several months down the road, the car now fails to pass emissions. I never installed the O2 sensor or upgraded the software, so essentially, i had been running rich and burnt up the cats.

At this point I installed two new high flow cats, the O2 sensor and reached out to SSSQUID tunning to burn me a stage two chip to get all this working together. Jesse was happy to answer all my questions and always responded super quick. I was very impressed by the level of customer service. The chip was sent out super fast and was packaged well to keep it safe in transit.

Now all back together, all I can say is: WOW. Truly amazing.

The idle, power delivery, throttle response and linear power band are as if this car came this way from the factory. I plan to return to the emissions place tomorrow and feel confident the car will pass no problem.

I still have loads left to do, but I think it's safe to say that I'm done with the engine. Couldn't be happier and highly recommend reaching out to SSSQUID with all your software needs!
    "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Nice.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Let us know if you pass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to see the results from emissions testing :)

Comment

As I expected, the car passed emissions w/ flying colors. Thought it might be helpful to post my numbers....

First test (motor well warmed up):
          HC: 347
          CO: 2.3

Second test (motor closer to cold):
          HC: 773
          CO: 2.85

Third test (O2 sensor, two new cats and software installed):
          HC: 89
          CO: .59

As you can see, huge difference w/ the new parts.

Some of you might be wondering why i would run through a second time on a colder engine? On my first trip to the emissions testing center, i had to wait in line (car at idle) for about 50min. So my ignorant logic was that I managed to spray enough gas into the CC to give a failing reading.
          "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

Sweet! Great news that you passed! Glad I could help :)

Comment

Working...
            X