MagnaFlow vs. Vibrant Dual 2" to Single 2.5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagnaFlow vs. Vibrant Dual 2" to Single 2.5"

I've recently ordered what I hope is enough pieces to put my S52 exhaust together from eBay headers back.

Trying figuring out how to make a removable center section, as well as some better fitment up front put me in a pickle about ordering a Y-Merge.

So I ordered both, to see which one would be a better fit.

Comparing MagnaFlow PN 10784 (right)and Vibrant PN 10355 (left):

The MagnaFlow piece is obviously bulkier, with all slip fits, and the Vibrant having dual slip fits and a butt end.

Hope this helps somebody out while trying to decide what to order for your exhaust.

Waiting on my buddy to get some free time to cut and weld it up.

Sound clip when it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, the vibrant looks much nicer to me.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Vibrant looks less like a stamped piece that I kinda expect from a box store like autozone.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

the vibrant piece seems to follow some general exhaust building science... with the narrow neck and "megaphone" output
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

today while working on the exhaust, I noticed the Vibrant Y-Merge has two small pinholes in merge part where the dual pipes meet. I'll be contacting summit tomorrow to see if they will replace it.

But this is what I have so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks great. I'd love to see the finished product. I'm jealous of your header fitment. Mine hit my subframe and I needed to shim my engine mounts to get everything to fit.

Curious to hear how this sounds when it's complete.

Comment

Originally posted by SHunter View Post
              This looks great. I'd love to see the finished product. I'm jealous of your header fitment. Mine hit my subframe and I needed to shim my engine mounts to get everything to fit.

Curious to hear how this sounds when it's complete.
              My headers hit my sway bar, so I grabbed Garagistic's sway bar spacers and gave me a reason to get M3 Endlinks.

I'll record a video as soon as I figure out if my motor is having oil pressure problems or if its the sending unit failing on me.

Comment

Here is the exhaust clip:

Warning: The beginning of the video is loud.

Comment

hows the drone? looking to replace my center muffler to eliminate drone.
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                    hows the drone? looking to replace my center muffler to eliminate drone.
                    I would say its pretty droney..

My exhaust is touching the body in one tiny ass spot which I think could be making it drone louder than it should but I'mjust too late to fix it.

I took a good 200 mile drive round trip with a lady and we didnt really have to yell to talk, but it aint a Cadillac.

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread but do you have any pictures of the finished exhaust? going to be doing a similar setup on my ix but not sure if 1 U-J bend is enough.
                      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Working...
                      X