Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M10 in fire. Rebuild started.

Hi,

some months ago, i fire started on me E30 318i M10, as i was driving. The fire caused an extended damage. Here you can see some photos: http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/mi...%20fire?page=1

Now, as i tried to find a place and the appropriate tools, i started to fix whatever i can, as an effort to bring this car back in life. I do not know the final result, but i want to try, as this E30 is the car of my heart!

So, i removed all the parts in order to be able to lift the engine on the next few days.

The worst is the electrical issue. Many wires are burned. I do not know if i could ever make the connections. I do not know if it is value for money.

I intend to rebuild this car. Maybe buying another engine.

In addition, i want some help. I cannot remove the fuse box. The wiring harness down the printed circuit board(pcb) can not be removed. Could anyone give me some directions?

Now the engine bay looks like this:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

P.S.: Sorry for my English

Regrads from Greece!
    Greetings from Greece!

good luck man.
    thats a serious project.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
      good luck man.
      thats a serious project.
      Thank you mate.
      Any guide or tutorial anyone knows, please post it.
      Greetings from Greece!

Comment

It is possible my engine has kicked the bucket.

Which engine could be a good swap? M42?
        Greetings from Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by limas View Post
          It is possible my engine has kicked the bucket.

Which engine could be a good swap? M42?
          Any idea?
          Greetings from Greece!

Comment

Honestly I don't see much in terms of saving the car. You'll need complete harnesses. Looks like all of the harnesses.

First of all I would do some detective work & find the cause of the fire in the first place. It would be a shame to have it happen again.

Then decide what type of motor you would want to put in. Easiest maybe to swap in a 320i m10. Carbed yes. Less electrical yes.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
              Honestly I don't see much in terms of saving the car. You'll need complete harnesses. Looks like all of the harnesses.

First of all I would do some detective work & find the cause of the fire in the first place. It would be a shame to have it happen again.

Then decide what type of motor you would want to put in. Easiest maybe to swap in a 320i m10. Carbed yes. Less electrical yes.

Thank you. I do not know the cause o f the fire. Some told me that may a mouse bit the fuel hose and a gas leak may started the fire.

As the electrical issue is a real headache for me, i want to save this car for emotional reasons.
              Greetings from Greece!

Comment

Working...
              X