Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICV fix but after two months, pops the intake boot

Hey,

I don't know if anyone has had this problem, but a few months ago, my car idle d at about 2k. Ok, I was fine with that, but after going fast, it changed to 3k. Horrible for the city, so I tried to figure out a cure. I didn't want to buy a lot of expensive parts, so I through a gas valve on the output of the ICV. Fixed! I drove it like normal and then this happened to me. I tried starting in front of my girlfriend and there was a pop and smelled like smoke, I look for the problem and the intake boot that connects the MAF to the intake manifold fell off and so did the TPS (Throttle position sensor). I put it all together roughly and started up fine. However, once I did it again, same thing happened. It blew the intake boot off. I am not sure what is causing this, but has anyone had this problem or did a related fix?

Thanks,

Keith

I had the same issue on my old E36 with an M42, turned out the fuel pressure regulator was leaking causing excessive fuel leaking into the intake. Might not be the same but worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, that is far from normal I just did a icv valve delete and a new intake boot.
      Zero issues and idle is right about where it should be(my tach no work)

Comment

Working...
      X