• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
    Just buy my car:
    [ATTACH]99517[/ATTACH]

Engine was built by Korman Motorworks.
    What ITB setup is this? Is there a build thread?
    balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

No ITB. Weber DCOE 45 carberators. The car was built up by Korman Motorworks in the late 90's when it was imported into the US. No built thread but the M10 was a 1.8L bored and stroked to 2.1L. This thing rips!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
        "Mild performmance rebuild"

Raise compression, increase displacement, add lift and duration to cam. Make sure you're using a head with the 46/38mm valves.
        also big and long intakes (36+chokes), balanced exhaust (4:2:1, 2"+), high diff ratios (3.9:1 or higher), lightened flywheel, hi-po ignition :)

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
          No ITB. Weber DCOE 45 carberators. The car was built up by Korman Motorworks in the late 90's when it was imported into the US. No built thread but the M10 was a 1.8L bored and stroked to 2.1L. This thing rips!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
          Maybe you should do one of those M50 swaps all the cool kids are doing and sell me this M10.

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
            "Mild performmance rebuild"

Raise compression, increase displacement, add lift and duration to cam. Make sure you're using a head with the 46/38mm valves.
            Put it together with thought. Replace every worn or suspicious part.
            Pretty much the route I'm going with M10. Don't know any other route and don't know how to do it without spending a few coins. Check out my project topic about my parts pile, you'll get a general idea of what I'm doing.

Jarno
            This is my general thought process on it all though i'm gifted with the challenge of living in california so i get to worry about passing both a visual and a sniffer for emissions testing. Really the main thing that this limits me on though is the cam and compression, though it helps i'm not looking to build some crazy powerhouse, i just want it to have 130 to 140hp. A this point I have an idea of what parts i need, its just a matter of getting good deals on them :).

Comment

Working...
            X