No announcement yet.

Kamotors Rivet on Fender flares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I scrolled a few pages back to see different setups and didnt find one similar so I'll ask: I'm thinking of buying the Fifteen52 Formula TR's next month and I'm wondering if i should be looking at getting the 16x8 or 16x9's and what offsets work best (let's say for the ultra wide flares; end product will be a turbo'd e30 so might as well plan for meaty tires). They have et20 and et30 for the 8's and et15 and et30 for the 9's.

And if anyone is running a similar setup, what size tires did you go with? I figure I'll have to stagger it to prevent rubbing up front.

Any info to guide me would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    1986 325
    1988 325is 2.7 Stroker

Comment

Hey all, cutting the front fenders seems straight forward and nothing to worry about. What about the rears though? Does cutting too high ruin the seam between the unibody and outer sheet metal? I guess my question is does one have to get the rear tack welded and sealed in order to get the job done right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
        Hey all, cutting the front fenders seems straight forward and nothing to worry about. What about the rears though? Does cutting too high ruin the seam between the unibody and outer sheet metal? I guess my question is does one have to get the rear tack welded and sealed in order to get the job done right?
        You can use a hard seam sealant like a panel bond but ideally you would Tack it and seal it.
        1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
        5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Anyone have an idea what the widest wheel/tire combo would work on the standard fenders vs the ultrawides? I am building a turbo m52 swap car and want to do fender flares for sure/ I am debating on the look I like best...

Comment

Ended up getting the body shop to mold some flares in out of metal on my car. I have a set of these KA Motors standard flares that are unmounted and not drilled if anyone is interested. They have small scuffs here and there from shipping and storing them. PM if interested.

***SOLD***
            Last edited by jph; 09-13-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 sets of ultrawides in stock ready to go PM me to order.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by kamotors; 09-14-2017, 05:23 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I have a few sets of standard width flares available in stock, with no wait time.I can do $300 shipped. PM me to order.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Howdy folks~ just wanted to say I finally got my standard size flares installed and they are great. I am waiting on some fender welting to take some pretty pictures but it looks ok without it. I now get a lot of e30 comments at the gas station and parking lots.

How to flare:
                      1: Realize that style 5s and adapters rub a lot with a 205/50/16 tire. Duh. I am maybe an inch lower than stock.
                      2: Order flares. I wanted 245s anyway. I had to wait a bit since they were on backorder but they finally arrived.
                      3: pre-drill flares for screws
                      4: Tape flare to fender and make sure its where you want it. This is the part where you either cut the flare or cut your trim where the flare will sit. I cut the trim because I figured I could replace it if I didnt like how it turned out, but harder to replace the flare.
                      5: I used an impact drill and self tapping steel roof screw with a washer and hex head to stick flare on. The front and rears are slightly different and its hard to tell at first so double check before you mix them up.
                      5: mark edge of flare with tape or pen. Remove flare.
                      6: Go wild with your angle grinder. Dont cut your tire or where the holes/mark is.
                      7: sand burrs, repaint, and tape/weld edge. I just used tape.
                      8: re-install flare
                      9: be forever happy with no more rubbing.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by jph View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Beautiful car! By far the best fender flares I have seen yet. Do you mind sharing the name of the body shop that you used?
                        Last edited by dbplays; 11-19-2017, 09:33 PM. Reason: didnt leave message

Comment

kamotors, What is the make of the black wheels you have on your car and are you running spacers? Im having one hell of a time finding a 17x9 with an offset that low. I like Konig Hypergrams, but they have an offset of 45 and it seems like it would be some big spacers to get them down to a 15 or 20 offset. I just ordered a set of your standard flares earlier this week from your website.

Comment

pm sent on a regular width set of flares.

Comment

Hey can we still order fender flares? Do you have any im stock?

Comment

Sent PM but never got a reply.... guess these aren't available anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X