No announcement yet.

input on a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a LSx swap isnt a bmw motor. 24valve swaps might be but we are speaking of building a frankenstiein motor possibly. its not me that doesnt want to go turbo. its the other gentleman thats actually building this car. i posted this thread just to get more input. i personally would rather see turbo since i think that bmw motors already have enough low end power. but i also think that turbos are too tempermental (sp?).
    the current idea is:
    -s50 block, head
    -forged internals
    -cams
    -INTERCOOLED C38

Comment

I think he wants to do an s50 block, with s52 crank and aftermarket rods and pistons, a crazy head build with cams, the c38 and an intercooler on top of it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiSam View Post
        Not to be a dick but building a 'huge project car' requires 3 things: experience, knowledge, and money.
        Nah, it only takes money. But it takes a lot more money if you don't have any experience or knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
          i personally would rather see turbo since i think that bmw motors already have enough low end power. but i also think that turbos are too tempermental

Comment

In the Dec issue of Bimmer, a guy SC'ed his M3 to the tune of 469 hp. You can have my copy if you want it.

Keith

Comment

If you don't have experience with FI then I probably would try to hit the 500whp mark on your first FI system. Good luck tho. :D

Comment

This guy builds stuff similar to me. Pretty much eliminating any weak point along the way. We were just trying to figure out the best block, crank, etc from a 24v and see what people have had experience with. So by all means, if you haven't walked the walked and are just using other peoples projects as examples that you cant provide exact details or links to, then EAD. ;)
                Last edited by Van Westervelt; 11-09-2007, 02:51 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

O'RLY? 800 # springs and stock rubber bushings = weak point Curt.:D

The article in Bimmer has some good info on a S52 build. I also have all the Eurocar mags that covered their build of an S50 (I think they got above 400hp). Lots of good information in that series.

Keith

Comment

Those were just the rear sway bar links wise guy! :)

Is it this December's issue?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X