• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Damn! Straigth Extortion

Straight up. Cut and dry haha

Edit: what if its a pissed off customer haha.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Straight up. Cut and dry haha
      brutal... a friend started a company about 13 years ago and they were getting ready to sell it this year, had a buyer lined up and everything and at the last minute this happened to them. Needless to say the buyer backed out and they are trying to bounce back now.

btw you see my message in your bilstein dust boot thread?
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So, recently I've had to daily the E30, until I can pay sales tax and tags on the SRT4. I've realized that it's just not as fun as it used to be. I push the pedal and expect so much more. I'm just so used to boost. Now, going through turns. THAT is a different story. But, having a turbocharged car has ruined NA cars for me. It's kinda sad...

Sent from my schlong using Tapatalk
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

well, you can turbo the E30...
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Just got back from a week at a resort in Cuba. Such a strange place.

Echos of Soviet-era Russia. Everything is somewhat decrepit, nothing works exactly like it should, no food safety standards, lots of russians, etc.

The country itself is absolutely beautiful, and the beaches are nicer than anything I've ever seen in Mexico/DomRep or anywhere else south. The people are nice, but nobody seems to have any sense of urgency for anything, which is relaxing and sometimes hilarious at first, but aggravating by the end of the trip. Anything that has a time associated with it seems to be 15 minutes late, Airport was a shit show in many respects.

By the end of the week we were laughing at all the shit constantly going wrong around us, but just 100% ready to go home.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              well, you can turbo the E30...
              Nah, my daddio and I already have dreams of LS motors dancing in our heads for when that motor pops.
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

RIP Paul Rosche
                He is the man that started it all. BMW Legend...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Have you ever reflected on the few chicks in you life who you had a serious chance with and wondered "what if"?

Recently I've gotten in touch with one chick I dated as my first GF from the tenth grade. I dated her twice and both times called it off...I just want' attracted, but I liked talking to her...something about the way we interacted psychologically really fascinated me. Aside from that there was no physical attraction.

Anyway, it's interesting to see the things they all have in common years later with each other as well as with me. I dunno, maybe I've just had too much time to think about stuff, but I just think it's interesting from a "destiny" perspective and "laws of attraction" view (if your into that sort of stuff). While I'm not totally sold on the idea, I think there is an element that's at work which none of us will fully understand until we finally "cross over".

After all this thinking, it just makes the whole experience of "picking up chicks" seem trivial and pointless. I mean sure it's fun to flirt and get the attention of the opposite sex (or same sex for some of you) for a random hookup, but aside from that there really isn't any point...at least not in my experience.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

My wife and i are doing our first cruise together starting today. She did all the planning. We are "cruising" with all her high school class mates. I have met them several times previously and everyone gets along great. Basically, she just told me where and when i need to show up. Thats a good woman in my opinion.....Its been a while since we've had a vacation so im really looking forward to chilling for a couple days.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thats cool, my wife loves doing the plans on things so I let her, but I always have an ear on whats going on to make sure I dont end up doing something really horrible because I deafly agreed to whatever she was saying
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Tried out something new this past weekend.

The front bumper on my 98 M3/4/5 was really the only eye sore on the whole car, so I decided to remedy the problem.

Bought BMW 303 paint from a local auto paint store and went to town.

Bumper had several layers of black paint, probably rattle can, from years of things being done wrong. Got rid of all of that.

Took almost a whole day of work, albeit on and off, to sand and smooth the bumper to a satisfactory level before it was primed and left to chill for the night.

I shot the paint with an HVLP (high volume low pressure) paint system. Super duper easy to calibrate and use. The atomization is so low compared to high pressure paint that extreme prep work (i.e. creating a paint booth) was not necessary.

I'll have it mounted this weekend. My D3300 is showing up tomorrow, so I'll be experimenting with some pictures soon too.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Procrastinating today and realizing how much shit I could probably make with all the junk I have if I just sat down and thought about what I actually own.

I wanted a floor mount shifter bracket that accepts the stock style shifter/cup. Found a piece of pipe that was the perfect diameter from scraps left by a friend who moved out west, then found some 1/8" plate for the base that was in the scrap bin at work, and finally a Z3m shifter that was sitting out in the shed in an early carrier.

Now I need to figure out how I mount it (Either a la Dibed/PMC, or AKG) then cut/weld it up whenever it stops raining.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Google Earth blows my mind.
                            My Feedback

Comment

The Nashville, TN suburbs/exurbs may be the only place on Earth where you can hear the hired entertainment at a Mexican restaurant play Hank Jr.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                My wife and i are doing our first cruise together starting today. She did all the planning. We are "cruising" with all her high school class mates. I have met them several times previously and everyone gets along great. Basically, she just told me where and when i need to show up. Thats a good woman in my opinion.....Its been a while since we've had a vacation so im really looking forward to chilling for a couple days.
                                Nice! The Mrs. and I have done 2 cruises now, and it's easily our favorite way to vacation.

Get drunk at the comedy club, wake up at 2am with the munchies? Head up to the deck for a badass fresh sandwich or size of pizza.

So many activities, no need to drive anywhere, and no need to spend any money on anything but alcohol.

Damn, I want to book a cruise now. Kind of hard for us right now though, our oldest is about to turn 3 and the youngest is almost a year. Hopefully soon we will get back into it. Plus side, is my Parents cruise all the damn time, and said they will book any time we want and watch the kids so we can do our thing.
                                No E30 Club
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X