I'm in.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      down! I think Charlie (sh3pak!ng) will want to join in too
      Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      I'm in.

Sweet. I'll bring the dip. Just name a weekend and I'm there.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Sweet. I'll bring the dip. Just name a weekend and I'm there.

I look forward to our bro fest weekend, it should be fun

Anyways the journey of this little monster continues...

Since the E30 is primarily a track car and I plan on racing against some real race cars on the track, I've made it my mission to make this box a little more slippery through the air, and I've day dreamed way too long with some ideas.

I've already purchased the Evo hood/ fender liners and now I just a received my Vortex Generators from airtabs. Cheap enough that it's worth a try.

Not actually going to install these for a little while since a rear wing would be a good idea to add with it. I've got plans but for now I'm still learning the ideal location. I'm pretty sure I bought enough of these little guys but who knows.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go all the way to the rear window so I need to see if that's a problem, but I hope more reading will give me the answer.

For now, here's some pics since that's what we all want to see

At the edge...

Where it's flat:

Probably how they will get mounted, with a little more precise measurements:

Another option:

From the front

The second option leaves enough space between the outer ones that I can add more airtabs if I need it, but from an article I read, this many is about where any more and it doesnt really make a difference...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Knocked out one thing that annoyed me when I got the new door on, but there's still one annoying thing with its alignment. Not sure where exactly I need to move it, maybe push the top part in more?...

First the annoying thing

Any tips?

Then the progress forward. Shadow lined the door. This was seriously done with the bare minimum. Poor planning on my part, I used the last of both my green and blue tap rolls, a Trader Joe's bag and the remaining SEM trim paint I had and success! ... at least from 10ft :rofl:

And done, drying here

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm currently in the process of buying a set of shortened housings, corrado single adjustable Konis, and new wheel bearings. Will be buying new Ground control camber plates, and trying to figure out springs. Don't really want to also buy springs from GC because I feel like they are overpriced but I might be stuck with that as my best option.

Any recommendations on spring rates? I have heard anywhere from 450-550 for the front and 600-800 for the rear
          Last edited by 2mAn; 01-27-2017, 08:00 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I'm on shortened housings. Hyperco coil springs, 525 front, 750 rear. It's predictable and balanced.
            I got them a little discounted through Nigel since he's the plug for when he used to sell his GE coil kit.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              I'm on shortened housings. Hyperco coil springs, 525 front, 750 rear. It's predictable and balanced.
              I got them a little discounted through Nigel since he's the plug for when he used to sell his GE coil kit.
              Ive actually been talking with him about getting almost that exact setup, but it will take 2+ weeks to get the springs and I might not have them in time for the track. I better get on it if I want to save ~$200 on the total package
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I've been here before but this time it's with legit parts. Springs and camber plates will be ordered this week

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Comment

How long of a spring are you planning to use in the front? I have a pair of H&R 180-60-070 (7.1" long, 2.36" ID, 400lb) for $75 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                      How long of a spring are you planning to use in the front? I have a pair of H&R 180-60-070 (7.1" long, 2.36" ID, 400lb) for $75 shipped.

I actually just ordered them. 500# in front, 6" long. 700# in back, 4" long. Also will be ordering a rear adjuster and M3 sway bar mount from Ireland Engineering . Camber plate will be the SCCA race one from Ground Control.

I will be interested in the 68mm Throttle Body if you decide to sell that :up:
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I will be interested in the 68mm Throttle Body if you decide to sell that :up:
                        I'll remember that. I'll need to recoup some of the purchase price of that VAC thing ($$$$$$).

Comment

I've been running 4" springs and found them too short, you will need limit straps. You'll probably also need to cut down the spring centering "nub" on the body. It will contact the adjuster during accel over bumps.

I'm switching to 5" springs.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                            I've been running 4" springs and found them too short, you will need limit straps. You'll probably also need to cut down the spring centering "nub" on the body. It will contact the adjuster during accel over bumps.

I have the Ground Control raised shock mounts so Ive heard that I will be fine, but we'll see
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I have the Ground Control raised shock mounts so Ive heard that I will be fine, but we'll see

You can't run bump stops or dust covers with those right?

Comment

GC tall mounts took care of this. It's a really snug fit now @ a quarter way up on the adjuster with my 4".

You can't run bump stops or dust covers with those right?
                                Nein to the dust covers, but yes to the bump stops. I think mine came with bump stops IIRC from GC.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X