Header options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header options

i had a quick question about some headers for the m10 i have 85 318i. i found three options one is the TEP headers for the m10 for 145, another is the shorty header from IE and the stage 2 from IE those are 240 -270. my questions are, do all of these fit the e30 clearance, and is one of these headers better or are they about the same. also did i miss any company's.

come on no one knows? someone must know

Comment

i saw these on ebay and was wondering if they were any good or just crap

Comment

I had the racetep header on mine years ago and the collector was too low for my liking.
        And just for the record headers will not gain you much at all, your better off porting the stock manifold at the exhaust ports and the bottom of the manifold along with a 2-1/2"
        exhaust.
        Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

good to know that headers dont do much on a stock car but im going carb, so i know it will help but its good to know about the race tep anyone have any experience with IE?

Comment

TEP headers sit too low at the bell housing, the drag on bumps with a lowered e30.
            sigpic

Comment

I second GoodnTights comments, a header is not much use on an m10, spend the money on a 2.5 inch exhaust.
              sigpic

Comment

A lot of inadequate info in here on both the OP's behalf and the responses. Headers can and do add a fair amount of power if there are other things that will take advantage of it.

OP, couple questions......
                "M10" is it a 2L M10 (stock 2002) or 1.8L M10 (stock E30)?
                What cylinder head are you using? (I'm assuming 1.8i)
                When you say carbs, what carbs? (DCOE 40's, 45's?)
                What camshaft?
                What is the compression on the pistons?
                Any portwork? (i should hope so, can provide plenty of pics if you PM me)
                Intended end usage for the car?

Keep in mind most M10 headers were originally inteneded for use on a 2.0L 2002. ANY header that shows fitment for an '02 will mean the collector will be low-ish. The people who do make them for TEP do tend to put the collector extra low though.

In regards to the IE headers, you've got the shorty's which will need some work done to your exhisting down pipe to bolt up (should be anything a well equipped muffler shop couldn't handle. Then you've got the Stg2 and Stg3 headers. These were designed by Jeff Ireland and a good friend of his Doug Robinson (if you're an old front-engined drag racing or salt flat racer you'll know the name well). they do incorporate a step mid-way down to improve scavenging and have shown on the dyno to put down more power/grunt than any comparable M10 header (bavauto, Stahl, etc.). However these headers as mentioned will not make much power if there's nothing they can take advantage of (.....Say like a standard performance street built M10 w/ 9.5:1 pistons, 292 cam, DCOE 40's [with 32mm or 34mm chokes depending on usage].)
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

How about a tii manifold. Best flow from m10 manifolds. Probably comparable or better alternative to headers on stock motor.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                  X