My turbo 24v alpine coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Surprised that the rears are that close to fitting. With the way 16x9 ET15 with 225 on my car looks, I wouldn't have imagined that had a single hope.

Looks meaty
    the pics make it look a little better than it is, the edge of the fender is still in the tread of the tire. I have the coilovers at max height for the sake of getting the car on the lift at the shop, so I am hoping once I lower it some camber will come into play. The subframe is raised 12mm so it won't be that much.

I cant run fender liners up front because the tire is already so close to everything. I can hit full lock just barley.

maybe ill get the car running this year =/
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
      My coworker took a few legit pics

Coilovers are all the way up. I may try and pull the fenders before i start cutting for flares.

Should be working on it for most of next week.
      those wheels & tires looks badass!
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

f**k photobucket. Company just got real greedy.

Bought the chase bays engine bay brake line kit so I don't have to fab in bay brake lines and vanos line along with a rebuilt vanos. Going to switch vanos and remove the cams to make sure all the headstuds are tight since it got heat cycled, and also doublecheck timing. Have a powdercoated m50 valve cover going on too in wrinkle black.

Also bought billet throttle cable things, magnetic oil drain plug, and antenna delete plug from garagtastic.

And I just drove up to NJ and bought a autopower race roll bar.

Going to switch turbos to the s362sx-e from borg warner. Thing is CRAZY cheap and ive only been hearing good things about it and it should give me room to grow. Going to run a small exhaust housing and then go to a bigger one when I need it.

Been spending too much time on my Fiesta. In the last 2 months went from coilovers to bags, and back to coilovers and now im switching coilovers.
        www.cp-e.com

Comment

more parts, no progress!

Bought a fuel rail from 22rpd (go check them out www.22rpd.com), hybrid racing FPR, and all the fittings and lines to go to -6 from the firewall. Once I go to my "stage 2" of the build and run straight e85, ill run a surge tank and -8 lines but I really just want to get the car started and running.

A few weeks ago I went to install the new fuel pump.... went terribly. The one I ordered doesnt fit in the hanger well and I tried to desolder the wires and resolder the new wires on and just melted a bunch of plastic. Plus one of the studs for the level sender was broken. I think at this point im just going to get a new hanger assembly and put the 255lph kit I had originally back on as its enough to run the future surge tank anyways. One step forward, 2 steps back.
          www.cp-e.com

Comment

s362sxe is here....

and its too big. Its hitting the strut tower area... and the hood might not close.

Im going to see if I can put a flange spacer and raise it up like 1/4" because its sooo close.

Shes getting ceramic coated today and the 4" marmon flange should get here today as well. Might also try raising the passenger side of the motor a tad. Worst case scenario I may cut the flange off the manifold and bring it down some or put it at a better angle.
            www.cp-e.com

Comment

Your project is taking so long the pics are all now dead and the car still isnt running potstir
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Your project is taking so long the pics are all now dead and the car still isnt running potstir
                The fall of photobucket has made me loose any motivation to update the thread at all.

-Exhaust is pretty much done (redone). My dumbass did pie cuts and made the whole thing with a sawzall (didnt have access to the bandsaw). 50 pieces from downpipe to tip. Turned out pretty good though. Full 3" 304ss, tig welded, backpurged, ect. V-band 2 spots. nice little dumptube.

-oil cooler routing is done. Stupid oil cooler thermostat means 4 more expensive -10 AN hose ends.

-charge pipes are halfway done. Compressor outlet was too close to the manifold so I did a 90 elbow. Full 3". Having coworkers weld it up so it doesnt look like crap

-New axles installed, clutch and brakes installed and bled, driveshaft in with new CSB.

-Tapped the m50 valve cover for PCV

To do:
                -Finish charge pipes
                -Turbo oil lines
                -Fuel lines and regulator mount
                -catch can lines and mounting
                -install new vanos and check headstuds, install m50 valve cover
                -make 4" intake
                -install roll bar (autopower) and door cards (condor)
                -install seats (corbeau)
                -wire EBCS and fan relay
                -paint front fenders and roll and pull rears
                -install new fuel pump assembly with the old 255
                -tune

I've been working 6 days a week and spending sundays helping my friend build a cage on his LSX Turbo Syclone and helping him move to his new shop, so time and motivation is scarce.
                www.cp-e.com

Comment

The fall of photobucket has made me loose any motivation to update the thread at all.
                  just start using flickr and then move the pics over. it takes some work, but its worth it

I really want to see that exhaust! you can even use tapatalk and upload directly
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

2nd for flickr. Photobucket sucks

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

im not bad with computers, just lazy. lol

Me welding up the downpipe in my super professional welding clothes and invisible welding gloves

IMG_0814 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_0835 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

All of the pieces finished

IMG_0880 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_0879 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Some of the welds on the midpipe

IMG_0858 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr
                      www.cp-e.com

Comment

IMG_0907 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

The hot side charge pipe is mostly done too. I am TERRIBLE at tacking aluminum. blew so many holes in it. One of the tacks broke on the hot side too but once thats retacked I can finish welding it.

Cold side is still being a pain in the ass but I think i got the last piece of the puzzle.
                        www.cp-e.com

Comment

im not bad with computers, just lazy. lol

I "had" to go back through the 300+ pictures on a build thread for my old car. I spent weekend mornings with my coffee slowing go back through one page at a time.

photobucket really screwed everyone because of poor planning on their end. they probably waited too long to fix the problem and then it was out of control

back OT... that downpipe and exhaust looks BITCHIN!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I "had" to go back through the 300+ pictures on a build thread for my old car. I spent weekend mornings with my coffee slowing go back through one page at a time.

photobucket really screwed everyone because of poor planning on their end. they probably waited too long to fix the problem and then it was out of control

back OT... that downpipe and exhaust looks BITCHIN!
                            Yea. It just sounds like another company got greedy. Good thing theres many others there to take the place. Nobody wants to see all the failures from my alpine car anyway. Every time I look back at the first stages of this project, I cringe.

Thank you though! I may put it on tonight so I can make sure everything didn't move in welding.
                            www.cp-e.com

Comment

Installed the exhaust last night. Needs some adjustment but one of the crappy vbands started to strip so the exhaust won't stay in place. Overall pretty happy with it. I hate the m52 valve cover. Excited to get the powdercoated m50/s50 one installed. I also installed the PTC fittings on the wastegate for boost control. Looking into a good heat wrap sleeve for them so they don't melt.

IMG_0914 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr
                              coming down

IMG_0912 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

going back

IMG_0913 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

getting it from behind

IMG_0911 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

Tip isnt final. Its just tacked on right now. I think dual tips will help fill the space better .

3" in. is a pain on e30's. The exhaust has a tiny bit more ground clearance than the oil pan before the skidplate. I made sure to keep the v-bands away from clearance areas.
                              www.cp-e.com

Comment

Looks good!
                                I'd be moving that o2 bung a bit further down the dp though...
                                RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Working...
                                X