Best place to buy an OEM muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to buy an OEM muffler

My muffler has a massive exhaust leak (pretty much a straight pipe now) and im looking for a replacement. I don't really care about performance or sound, Im more looking for a budget replacement but a nice sounding one would be a plus :). Where is a good place for me to buy a replacement, do you think I could find any good ones in a junk yard?

I would shoot for a good used exhaust, or one of the ebay stainless ones if they are available.
    I bought a stock walker exhaust a couple of months ago, and while the fit and finish was ok, the pipes used were noticeably smaller than stock, and inflicted an obvious hit in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
      I would shoot for a good used exhaust, or one of the ebay stainless ones if they are available.
      I bought a stock walker exhaust a couple of months ago, and while the fit and finish was ok, the pipes used were noticeably smaller than stock, and inflicted an obvious hit in performance.
      How does this one look, It was recommended by an other R3vlimiteder and it has good reviews on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Evan-Fischer-E...er_top?ie=UTF8

Comment

My stock exhaust was totally done as well. I just bought this one for my 325i: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muffler-...xWEipH&vxp=mtr

I guess it's a no-name, eBay special, but I have it installed now and it's really great. It has a very nice appearance. It's OE spec, but instead of it being black, it's got a nice natural steel finish look. The sound is exactly the same as stock and the fitment was perfect. No issues here. I would recommend it, especially because it's so inexpensive!

Mine arrive damaged though. The way this company packed it was terrible, and the exhaust arrive with a slightly bent tip. I told them about it and sent them a picture and they responded immediately and said they'll send a new one out to me and I can also keep the damaged one. But, I repaired the damaged one myself and it came it quite nice... So, I suppose I'll have an extra one soon. If you're interested in it, I'll sell it to you for less than they sell it for on eBay.

Let me know.

Comment

if you are looking for oem one, just go to junk yard with few tools. Consider it done.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
          Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Napa, like $170
            sigpic

Comment

Ive heard the ansa exhaust are a good stock system

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The stock cat backs are still being made by eberspacher ,I just bought one for my 86 ES,I had removed the original stock one that was still on the car ,I was impressed how close in construction it was to my original and very heavy weighs quite a bit ,I restore antique cars for a living and find very rarely does a new reproduction part match closely an old original one ,the new cat back is not completely exact in construction but close,I fully expect to never have to replace the muffler system again ...my cat and front headers are the originals and look to be in very good condition,they will go back in .

Comment

hi,
                  i'd like to take you up on the offer for the extra one... if you still have it and are willing... mine is totally shot and it's time.
                  please and thank you... let me know...

thanks!

peter
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
                  X