exhaust hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust hangers

I've got an 86' euro vert and I am looking to replace the 3 rubber exhaust hangers near the rear. My car currently has the 2 rotted out rubber hangers for each muffler strap, but the one closer to the center that should be mounted to the rear subframe is missing. The tab on the exhaust is there but there is nothing near by to mount to. It looks like part #18211712511.

Part #3 in this diagram.

The area on the subframe that it should be mounted to is clean! No signs of welds breaking or anything. Is this just just a feature of the early euro verts? I am thinking that the exhaust may have been replaced in the past

Depends...

OEM shows that hanger bracket for cat equipped cars but not non cat models.

You can't see a threaded mount for the bracket ? If not then it probably started life as a non cat car.

Comment

Thank you! The area on the subframe has no hole for a bolt. I am thinking that my car originally had no cats, but when imported into the us in the late 80's, someone had to add the cat to it. I am also thinking that the o2 sensor on the exhaust is useless too. I thought that somebody and just snipped the wires. I've read that it is possible to have a motronic DME without an o2 sensor. Maybe that is hogwash.

Comment

Working...
      X