E30 Bolster kits, leather ebrake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Bolster kits, leather ebrake boots

I had this posted in the F/S, WTB section, but this may be a better home.

$20 plus shipping for the boot, $175 for a bolster kit (to do one sport seat).

Go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/rscheiring for more details.

Thanks, Rob
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

will you make them from suede?
    Below the radar...

Comment

You bet, same price. For extra $ I can do Alcantara (man made suede). If you're interested int that, I have their color palette scanned.

Comment

Whats the pros/cons of Alcantara over regular suede?

Do you by chance have any higher res pictures of fitment for the boots, bot e-brake and shift boot?

Thanks Rob.
        Chris
        Below the radar...

Comment

I’ll check at home for the better pics. I may have deleted them once I uploaded them. The ebrake boot has gone through some reengineering based on feedback from the group. It now features double stitching along the length of it, and the end that the handle goes through is now folded under itself (vs a finished seam). I’ll take some better pics this weekend. I just sent an ebrake boot to Rob on this board, so next week he should be able to give us both his unbiased thoughts on it

As for Alcantara vs leather/suede, the main difference if you ask me is the name – Alcantara is very expensive and only goes into some of the finest cars today. Other differences I would say are pretty much cloth vs leather. Cloth is lighter, can be used for headliners, etc. and requires no upkeep, easily cleaned, etc. On the other hand, leather is stronger and ages. Cloth (and vinyl for that matter) doesn’t age – when it goes, it goes. And when it does, who knows if you can still find the fabric.

I’d like to hear what your plans are. We’re close enough that you probably won’t have to ship the seats. I could do the install then too. That would also be the opportunity to do the whole seat over, in the same material, or – leather bolsters with cloth or suede cushions? Contrasting colors? Metallic leather? The options are endless. We could have some fun with this….

Sorry for rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
            I’ll check at home for the better pics. I may have deleted them once I uploaded them. The ebrake boot has gone through some reengineering based on feedback from the group. It now features double stitching along the length of it, and the end that the handle goes through is now folded under itself (vs a finished seam). I’ll take some better pics this weekend. I just sent an ebrake boot to Rob on this board, so next week he should be able to give us both his unbiased thoughts on it
            Pictures would be great! you can email me a high res one to kcopperw@gladstone.uoregon.edu and I'll host it for you.
            I'd like to see the newly redisigned one before I throw down $41 on an OEM ebrake handle.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

how much would it be for an e-brake boot, e-brake handle cover, and shift boot (all in black leather) shipped to BC, Canada?
              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
              X