Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fueled up

Certainly an enticing offer!
    I suppose I should reach out to locals and see who else might have the resources to tackle this repair.
    Thanks also for the tip on the defroster - it's a bit colder here versus my old neighborhood of West Seattle.

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
    Avoid using the rear defrost as much as possible, they're known for shattering the rear window. If you were closer I'd throw those injectors in for you for free in less than an hour. There are a few members here that are in Bellingham, hopefully some of them will be willing to help you out.
    Last edited by M10Power; 12-29-2016, 09:35 AM. Reason: gratitude

Comment

IMO m10s are stupid easy to work on, $1100 to swap injectors?!? JESUS CHRIST
      with anything on this car, if you dont feel up to doing it yourself, toss a thread on this section and see if you can find someone on here close to you that would do it. you'll save a ton of money and since we actually care about these cars it will get repaired right.
      I know if someone near me needed injectors swapped on a m10 I would do it for $20 and would feel bad for charging so much haha

also clean 318i man!
      WTB:m60b40 in PNW
      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
      92 525it 5 speed.
      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

OP, I have no idea where you are in relation to this guy in the thread linked below, but if you were able to remove and refit the injectors yourself, it would work out very cheap to send him your old ones. I know you bought another set already, so just saying...

I can clean your fuel injectors. Just pay for shipping and the fluid
        1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

Cleaned injectors

I haven't purchased the new injectors yet - still weighing options, so thanks for sharing the resource! He's about 1000 miles from me, but it could work out to ship him the old ones... though I'm inclined to pop for new ones though if they're $60ish each.

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
          OP, I have no idea where you are in relation to this guy in the thread linked below, but if you were able to remove and refit the injectors yourself, it would work out very cheap to send him your old ones. I know you bought another set already, so just saying...

Comment

White Knights

Yes, it's clean, ain't it? I was pretty excited when I saw it - maybe not a *diamond* in the rough, but at least something worth working on.

Definitely encouraged at the prospect of a local(s) who can pitch in - more and more this is not a problem that warrants throwing a thousand bucks at.

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
            IMO m10s are stupid easy to work on, $1100 to swap injectors?!? JESUS CHRIST
            with anything on this car, if you dont feel up to doing it yourself, toss a thread on this section and see if you can find someone on here close to you that would do it. you'll save a ton of money and since we actually care about these cars it will get repaired right.
            I know if someone near me needed injectors swapped on a m10 I would do it for $20 and would feel bad for charging so much haha

also clean 318i man!

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post

getting them rebuilt is the way to go, thats what remaned injectors are, your just paying for the convenience of your car not being down for the time being.
              you could probably find a set of used injectors on here for dirt cheap and send those down to get rebuilt, that way you cars not down for a chunk of time
              WTB:m60b40 in PNW
              Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
              92 525it 5 speed.
              80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by M10Power View Post
                I haven't purchased the new injectors yet - still weighing options, so thanks for sharing the resource! He's about 1000 miles from me, but it could work out to ship him the old ones... though I'm inclined to pop for new ones though if they're $60ish each.

i had some rebuilt by mepeh on here, for 60$

dont buy 240$ injectors for an m10, thats the prices of a worn m50 motor...

edit
                Last edited by Matt-B; 12-29-2016, 12:24 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  don't buy 240$ injectors for an m10, that's the prices of a good m50 motor...
                  Fixed, because M50s are cheap as shit these days.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

If you worked in bike shop I assume you are somewhat mechanically inclined, have you tried checking out a YouTube video on how to replace the injectors, imo it's easier than tuning a derailer( I know I spelled that wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      If you worked in bike shop I assume you are somewhat mechanically inclined, have you tried checking out a YouTube video on how to replace the injectors, imo it's easier than tuning a derailer( I know I spelled that wrong)

haha, derailleur has to be the most commonly misspelled word in the bike industry. i worked in it too, but i'm still never sure i spelled it right.

i'm OP's buddy and at least partially responsible for him buying the machine in question.

one big challenge seems like the need for it to do daily duties. the others are cost, confidence in diy skills. OP's skills are probably better than he gives himself credit for tho.

wish i could make time to get up there and help myself. sorry, man.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tuned Up

I have a date with YouTube and the PelicanParts website for tonight. I am getting more and more certain that this is something worth trying to figure out on my own. It will surely be more rewarding that throwing heaps of money at someone else to do. I guess I took the high repair cost to mean it would require some jedi level knowledge and specialized tool chest.

And yes, derailleur is VERY commonly bungled. Almost as often as "break" is used when "brake" is intended.

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          Fixed, because M50s are cheap as shit these days.
                          Yup! Most likely gonna scrap my M50TU because its not worth the effort

Comment

someone help this guy M20B25 swap his car, he couldve already done it with the money he's spent. You can recoup some of the money by selling the EFI M10 parts to the 2002 guys, but not much else is worth anything on the M10. Good news is that with a M20B25 in there you will never want to sell the car. Absolute riot in that lighter car, with a stock E30 motor
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have a rebuilt m10 head I would let go of for $120. Has all new valve guides, valve job, rocker arms, etc. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                someone help this guy M20B25 swap his car, he couldve already done it with the money he's spent. You can recoup some of the money by selling the EFI M10 parts to the 2002 guys, but not much else is worth anything on the M10. Good news is that with a M20B25 in there you will never want to sell the car. Absolute riot in that lighter car, with a stock E30 motor
                                Coincidentally, I have a customer in need of a cheap M10B18 EFI motor...

Hey, OP, let's make this happen!
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X