Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in FL willing to look at an E30 for me? Will reimburse gas/time

Hey guys,

Kind of a strange request...but I found an IS in Ormond Beach, Florida (32174) that I'm interested in buying. Wondering if someone lives nearby and would be willing to take a look at it for me sometime. I don't necessarily need a mechanic (although it would be nice), just someone who knows a thing or two about E30s.

I'm happy to reimburse you for gas money and your time. Hope someone out there is willing/able to help.

Thanks!

I am in Orlando. I have a pretty full schedule coming up. And I am so not a mechanic. That being said:

1- Are the owners able/willing to drive it to Orlando?
    2-I do know some great mechanics in Orlando that would do an excellent PPI

I would recommend a really good PPI. We live in the land of rust potential and Ormond is on the Atlantic.

Is it a 318is or 325is? Do you have pics from the PO?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, FL318is. How far is Ormond from Orlando? I will be speaking with the owner tomorrow -- I'll ask if he's willing. If you have mechanic contacts that would be super helpful.
      Last edited by RMac42; 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

It looks clean enough. Ormond is about 45 to an hour. Not far. I def have the mechanic. I will check back tomorrow after work for any updates. In the meantime I can call him and see what the PPI cost would be.

Gonna get to sleep. 0430am is hard enough. You can always pm me. I will help as much as I can. Also I know someone who appears to have the same year, make, color and model except the auto tranny.

Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks, man! Really appreciate it. Get some sleep -- I'll let you know how things go with the seller.

Comment

As another option, see if they'll drive down to Titusville. I live in Melbourne (an hour further south) but work in Cape Canaveral, which is close to Titusville. Could meet up with them after work one night.

Comment

Great! Thanks, 4bangerfury. I'll run that by him as well. If we go that route I'll contact you to talk numbers with regard to reimbursement.

Comment

Good plan. 4banger is closer.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the daughter of the man who owned the car (passed away end of last year). The car runs and drives, but she's not a "car person" so she's hesitant to drive it very far (although if anyone is able to meet her at her dad's old house they are more than welcome). Sounds like you are both too far away to do that, unfortunately.

She's going to take it to the mechanic who has serviced the vehicle for the past 26 years (!) tomorrow and put me on the phone with him. I'd like someone less biased to look at it as well, though... Thoughts on those mobile PPI services?

Comment

Originally posted by RMac42 View Post
                    Just got off the phone with the daughter of the man who owned the car (passed away end of last year). The car runs and drives, but she's not a "car person" so she's hesitant to drive it very far (although if anyone is able to meet her at her dad's old house they are more than welcome). Sounds like you are both too far away to do that, unfortunately.

She's going to take it to the mechanic who has serviced the vehicle for the past 26 years (!) tomorrow and put me on the phone with him. I'd like someone less biased to look at it as well, though... Thoughts on those mobile PPI services?
                    I can try a local guy. Good wrench. I know enough about mechanical to maybe break it or fix it. I will try to get you fixed up wth something.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                      I can try a local guy. Good wrench. I know enough about mechanical to maybe break it or fix it. I will try to get you fixed up wth something.
                      Hey man, I really appreciate that. Extremely nice of you to be so willing to help.

I'll post again after I've spoken with the mechanic (hopefully tomorrow).

Comment

Good. I can give him your contact info when you are ready.

Comment

No word from the owner. Possibly tomorrow... I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Same owner and mechanic for 26 years? Get some good pics, talk to their mechanic and if everything sounds just buy it sight unseen unless it's a real high dollar car (for an e30 at least).

Check out reviews for the mechanic to make sure it's a real shop and he's on the level. Trust your gut.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks, man -- good advice. I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X