Exhaust Headers to Flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Headers to Flange

Hey i saw on another post that the studs on the headers to the exhaust manifold flange were M10x40, however im trying to find replacements versions of this and am drawing a blank. Anyone know where i can find these?

Thanks!

#7 in diagram

Part #11621716870

Quick google search

Or a variety of forum sponsors can source for you.
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Well hot damn Swanny thank you!

Comment

I had one break today while removing the exhaust. Whats the best way to remove the stud? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by catchuk View Post
          I had one break today while removing the exhaust. Whats the best way to remove the stud? Thanks
          Torch until super hot and try to unthread it with a vice grip. If it broke off flush you can only either drill it out or try to weld a nut to it.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Torch until super hot and try to unthread it with a vice grip. If it broke off flush you can only either drill it out or try to weld a nut to it.
            I have my exhaust out right now. 5/6 studs stayed in the exhaust flange on the manifold side. The last one came out completely (and I may have misplaced it).

Since I am already going to be replacing that one, do you think it's too much of a hassle (risk of more problems) if I go ahead and replace the 5 studs that didn't come out on their own? You know, b/c I am weird with having things look symmetrical.

M10X40 PN - 11621716870 - Pelican Parts @ 7.25
            M10X35 PN - 11621711671 - Pelican Parts @ 7.75

looks like the studs are 7.25/piece so maybe I'll just do that one.....?

Picture of my manifold cuz who doesn't like pictures:

Comment

Working...
            X