• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best advice, get all the parts you need first. Makes it a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by eastinthewest View Post
      Best advice, get all the parts you need first. Makes it a lot easier
      This X100. I made so many small parts orders because I kept thinking I could reuse something or something else would work.

Also I have heard of people re-using the M42 mounts with decent luck but not E36. I used E28 green mounts and they lined up great.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

What are green mounts? Sorry im new to the bimmer lingo

Comment

These. Part Number: 11-81-1-132-793-M737

Although I think I used the black ones that were from a 525. Also Hamburg Technic brand. Part Number 11-81-1-175-735-M737

Comment

Originally posted by Poeman446 View Post
            These. Part Number: 11-81-1-132-793-M737

Although I think I used the black ones that were from a 525. Also Hamburg Technic brand. Part Number 11-81-1-175-735-M737

Funniest thing though. Being in Germany, you would think that any parts store would have them. I had to go to 3 before anyone could even order them for me.

Comment

At the shop now trying to figure out what I want to do about the brake booster issue. I know there are probably threads on this specific thing, but I'm trying to find one with step by step instructions on haw to move it. I want to keep the stock one.

My question is what to do about down by the pedals once the booster is slightly moved to the right?

Comment

Originally posted by eastinthewest View Post
                At the shop now trying to figure out what I want to do about the brake booster issue. I know there are probably threads on this specific thing, but I'm trying to find one with step by step instructions on haw to move it. I want to keep the stock one.

My question is what to do about down by the pedals once the booster is slightly moved to the right?
                I'll be honest. I didn't touch mine. I ground the fins off my intake manifold, used 1/4in body shims on the motor mounts. It's close but I have clearance.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Well going to find the extra clevis tomorrow at the junk yard. Should be an easy fix. Or like you said just grab some shims from the hardware store.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                    I'll be honest. I didn't touch mine. I ground the fins off my intake manifold, used 1/4in body shims on the motor mounts. It's close but I have clearance.
                    You shimmed both mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by franky2fingaz View Post
                      You shimmed both mounts?
                      Yes. I've read of people doing just one side. I did shim the drivers side slightly more.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

FYI. USAG Baumholder's parts yard is a lot better than the yard at ramstien. It's not too far away, they almost always have at least a whole row of BMWs (or then did when I left in late 2012) and more waiting to up put out for parts. Also the auto craft center there is a lot easier to work with, and they are a lot friendlier there.
                        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

So yesterday I moved the booster and decided to do the custom welded clevis method. I pulled one from the yard and cut it and had it welded. Fit perfectly. There some fitment issues with the booster and the holes I drilled but with a little finesse, I got it to work. Note you may have to cut one of the studs off the booster. There is a bracket in the way and without pulling the entire pedal assembly and cutting certain spots on it as well.

Now comes the part I dread the most. The wiring. So, because I am lazy, can anyone just post a good step by step how to on the wiring portion? Preferably one with lots of pictures because I'm a dummy. Help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Comment

And by wiring I mean the splicing portion. Not the actual connecting of the plugs, I got that.

Comment

This may be a NOOB issue. I thought I had an M20, but I actually have an M40. So my issue is finding the pin out conversion so I can solder the connecters from an M40 to M50. PLEASE Help me!

Comment

Working...
                              X