Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone point me to a good OBD2 wiring writeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone point me to a good OBD2 wiring writeup?

I took at look at the wiring harness that just came in yesterday and came to the realization that whoever pulled it cut off the large round connector that any of the premade harness adapters would plug into...Needless to say I'm not happy about that as the whole point in me purchasing it was to avoid having to do the wiring myself...

So, since it looks like I'm going to have to do it myself now I need a good writeup. I have looked and haven't found a good one yet that I can understand. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Are you just wanting to put the round male c101 back on the the fuse box?
    I can make you a kit with labels on it. I assume the wires coming out of the fuse box are still all original, correct?
    You can PM me if you are interested.
    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

From what I can tell, the guy I bought the OBD2 wiring harness off of cut off the x20 connector. I was planning on getting the adapter that would allow you to just plug it in, but that obviously wont work now lol.

I have 19 wires from what I assume came from the x20 connector. So I think what I need is to figure out how to get that to mate up to the c101 on the e30 side.

Comment

Oh I see, no problem, I can still get that taken care of for you. If you would like, you could just send the harness my way and I can put the c101 onto it.
        PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Take every wiring diagram with a grain of salt. I had to do mine twice because you'll find there is a lot of misinterpretations out there. Here is my ODB2 Pinout- take it as you wish but study the ETM

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
          '95 BMW e34 525i
          '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
          '92 Range Rover Classic
          '90 Range Rover Classic
          '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
          '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
          '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
          '67 Pontiac LeMans
          '24 Model T Depot Hack
          ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

thanks for th3 input with your diagram. What I don't understand is every one I have seen shows more wires then I have. I counted 19 in my bundle...

Comment

For what it's worth. Kadunza (Robert) made this up a few years back and it's great for X20, just wish it could be updated to show X6031 and X69

X69 is all ASC-T and E36 ABS stuff.

X6031:
              1: CEL
              2: Carbon canister
              3: VSS Or injector duty cycle? Used the VSS from X20 and not this, so I don't know what it really is?
              4: OBD2 datalink. Goes to: X19527 Pin 7
              5: Evap or Fuel tank pressure related?
              6: tank pressure +5v/(steals +5v from TPS)?
              7: tank pressure GND/(steals GND from Crank sensor)?
              8: "hot in acc/run/start" - Doesn't seem to give +12v. Tried to use this for OBD2/X19527 power, didn't work.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Northern; 02-20-2017, 08:28 AM.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

pics

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Comment

The best way to figure out your wiring would be to trace them all from the DME connector and other related connectors to find out which wires you have and which are temporarily missing. Without doing that, it will all be a guessing game for your case since some of the wires seem to not be there.

sigpic

Comment

what a pain...Looks like ill be looking for a complete wiring diagram now. Going to try and return this in the meantime...Ebay is great until you end up having to deal with someone shady.
                      Last edited by haaken675; 02-21-2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

What is the broblem? Just use multimeter to check which wire is which. Most of the wire colors are the same in different harneses so this should help: https://youtu.be/euxmWXAJg9U

Here is bentley service manual for wiring diagrams: http://btcffaq.info/faq/korjauskirja...ice_Manual.pdf

Page 568 and 569 might be the ones needed for indentifyimg the wires I didn't show. (Like vss)
                        Last edited by pazi88; 02-21-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Looks like that would come out under the intake? E39 harness? mine wasn't like that.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            Looks like that would come out under the intake? E39 harness? mine wasn't like that.
                            It may be an e39 harness. It was sold as an e36 328is complete harness...

Comment

Does anyone know how I can verify if this is in fact an e36 harness? Regardless of whether I can make it work or not I want to blast the guy who sold it to me because he is giving me trouble because I asked to return it because the listing didn't say the harness was cut.

Comment

Working...
                              X