And now its time for the left to have a Washington Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now its time for the left to have a Washington Rally

Well they claim to be moderates but John Stewart (definite lefty) and Stephen Colbert have decided to have a rally and are mimicking Glenn Beck's Rally on Oct. 30th. SHould be unnewsworthy.

Two Comedy Central funnymen are apparently entering into the partisan political fray with rallies of their own in the nation's capital.

you're saying this like its a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
      Well they claim to be moderates but John Stewart (definite lefty) and Stephen Colbert have decided to have a rally and are mimicking Glenn Beck's Rally on Oct. 30th. SHould be unnewsworthy.

You do realize that it's a joke, right? Because from the sound of it, you think that they take are taking it seriously.

Comment

It's going to be a bunch of stand up comedians there.

I think the Colbert one will be hilarious.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I dont see a big turn out for these. Let alone a quality personnel showing up.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Never underestimate the mobility of the youth lol. Hell, if it wasn't $400 for a r/t flight, I'd go. I don't expect more than 20-30k though.

I hope they broadcast it on Com Central.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Lol yeah those with no job and living in moms basement.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

This.

I just love how even after Stewart boy Obama has failed that Stewart still wants to make fun of the people who want REAL change.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by structured View Post
                  You do realize that it's a joke, right? Because from the sound of it, you think that they take are taking it seriously.
                  Unfortunately, there is a lot of people who take those two dipshits seriously.

I'm not saying I don't think they are funny, but they are no more news than Anderson Cooper or Bill O'Reilly.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Unfortunately, there is a lot of people who take those two dipshits seriously.

I'm not saying I don't think they are funny, but they are no more news than Anderson Cooper or Bill O'Reilly.
                    I do feel sorry for people who get their news from them.

They don't, however, assert themselves as legitimate journalists like O'Rielly and Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                      I do feel sorry for people who get their news from them.

They don't, however, assert themselves as legitimate journalists like O'Rielly and Cooper.
                      True.

But to me they still have always presented their point of view with a certain spin. Like when you're giving someone a load of shit, but "pass it off" as satire/joking. So kind of like a lack-luster attempt of saying what you want but not owning up to it, does that make sense?

Kind of like all the little punk bitches on this forum who have alternate ego's.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

lolz yeah passing anything off on Comedy Central goes that far to anyone half intelligent. but the other half...hmmmmm.

Comment

Apparently none of you have ever seen John Stewart in a serious interview about politics. They may try to make it humorous but John Stewart uses humor to voice his liberal viewpoints and it works because he has a lot of youth watching. He's a duche

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            But to me they still have always presented their point of view with a certain spin. Like when you're giving someone a load of shit, but "pass it off" as satire/joking. So kind of like a lack-luster attempt of saying what you want but not owning up to it, does that make sense?
                            Exactly how I've always felt about them. They don't just give all media and politics a fair razzing, they pick and choose. When confronted about it, though, Stewart is always the same, "I hope people don't actually look at us as a legitimate news source, omg lolololol, you stupids."
                            sigpic

Comment

Do you blame him? Making fun of Glenn Beck is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X