This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balooshinakus View Post
    but no I have never been in the military.

If you allow open gays in the military you will have to label them as GAY. Then you will have to accommodate them differently as we currently do with women serving in the military. Never would I ever want a woman in a hole with me, its not her place and I would doubt the physical and psychological ability of a female/gay in such a position.

If you want to be gay and serve in the Military, you can currently do that. But to make exceptions to the rule to accommodate based on sexual orientation is absurd.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      If you allow open gays in the military you will have to label them as GAY. Then you will have to accommodate them differently as we currently do with women serving in the military. Never would I ever want a woman in a hole with me, its not her place and I would doubt the physical and psychological ability of a female/gay in such a position.

If you want to be gay and serve in the Military, you can currently do that. But to make exceptions to the rule to accommodate based on sexual orientation is absurd.

This is the most backwards logic that I've ever heard. Let me get this straight.

1) you don't want gays to serve openly because then you'd have to treat them different (ie. they might not be allowed on the front lines like women).

2) you want to treat them different (ie. you don't want them on the front lines).

It always comes back to the argument that people don't want to serve next to gays, not that they don't want to know that they are there. The fact is that they are already there and that your arguments such as "if they can identify themselves, they will behave differently under pressure" are completely ridiculous. Maybe on regular duty they will demand more respect, but in a firefight I don't think anybody it going to drop their gun and say "I'd really like it if you guys would stop using the word fag around me, it's insulting", or start a game of grab-ass. No, I would think that they would keep shooting.
      Last edited by structured; 09-22-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

There are already a shitload of gays in the military. The fact that they're dishonorably discharged with no benefits if they "come out," is what I find shameful and reprehensible. If a citizen is willing to take a bullet (AND the shitty financial compensation) for this country, we should support them no matter what their sexual orientation.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          There are already a shitload of gays in the military. The fact that they're dishonorably discharged with no benefits if they "come out," is what I find shameful and reprehensible. If a citizen is willing to take a bullet (AND the shitty financial compensation) for this country, we should support them no matter what their sexual orientation.
          ^this.

It is a matter of respecting and honoring those people who risk their lives in our name. You know that they are there, but if they say it out loud they are no longer entitled to their benefits, or pay. It is simply hate. Nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
            Here come the liberal insults. You call us gay and homophobic at the same time. Dude's if you haven't served then you don't understand the climate in the military. Shit can be crazy sometimes and a fag acting like a bitch is going to cause some problems. Shit isn't going to be good if they start bitching out on a boat or in the desert. Whatever, if you haven't served then you have no clue
            Gays are already in the military serving in combat! You think that if they're openly gay instead of "in the closet," that they're going to all of a sudden start crying about broken nails in a fox-hole? I work with a gay combat veteran (Vietnam) and he makes half the straight guys I know look like pussies.
            How dense can you be? I thought the military stopped accepting high school dropouts? Christ...
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I would love to see some of you in a hole with RuPaul, Richard Simmons, or even Lady Gaga!

"You better work!"

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

" or a gay dude copping a feel during battle " LOL

I think we should let the gays serve and just start a new MOS and have them do hair and nails on the battlefield. It would boost moral having all the soldiers look their best in combat.
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

^ Good idea, great idea.

Comment

So the military guys are saying this: a trained soldier who is gay has been trained properly and loses his shit in the middle of battle and go fucking queer crazy, is because he's a fag.

BUT!
                    If a straight soldier who has been trained properly next to that FAG and in battle loses his shit and goes bat shit insane, its because he was a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles?

If you fail in combat or lose your shit in combat, I doubt what you put your dick in has anything to do with it. Its not like pretty shit hair doing flaming guys are running to the recruiter stations signing up for piss poor pay and possible IED's going off.

If someone wants to take a bullet, let them do it. I certainly do not want a fucking bullet and I love vagina.
                    1985 BMW 325e
                    1997 BMW M3/4/5
                    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      ^ Good idea, great idea.
                      and youre not currently employed are you? HMMMM coincidence?
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        I would love to see some of you in a hole with RuPaul, Richard Simmons, or even Lady Gaga!

"You better work!"

You don't seem to understand that gays are currently allowed to serve. We are debating if they should be allowed to admit they are gay, you have provided no logical reason justifying why a homosexual should be allowed to serve but not allowed to admit their orientation.

Comment

I think there is some misinterpretation of what the military entails here. 1st off not everybody is going to get shot at. Being in the Coast Guard chasing drug boats gives you a better chance of getting shot at than being in the NAVY or Air Force. 2nd you pretty much need to be infantry or special forces to get shot at. So how about since you all want them shot at we put all the gays on the front lines and make our military gay free that way. See I'm compromising

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                            I think there is some misinterpretation of what the military entails here. 1st off not everybody is going to get shot at. Being in the Coast Guard chasing drug boats gives you a better chance of getting shot at than being in the NAVY or Air Force. 2nd you pretty much need to be infantry or special forces to get shot at. So how about since you all want them shot at we put all the gays on the front lines and make our military gay free that way. See I'm compromising
                            Defeat at it's finest: When you realize you have a terrible case, just say ridiculous things and hope everyone thinks you are just doing it all for the lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by balooshinakus View Post
                              You don't seem to understand that gays are currently allowed to serve. We are debating if they should be allowed to admit they are gay, you have provided no logical reason justifying why a homosexual should be allowed to serve but not allowed to admit their orientation.

No fucking shit Einstein! Just wait till they allow openly flaming Gays to serve! Hence what I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
                                On a side note, I guess they are going to put women on submarines.....now that's just plain stupid. :???:
                                That is just stupid. My Dad served 20 years as a submariner, and I have been on the boat(s) quite a few times. There is barely any privacy, and to put Women there would screw up the whole operation. THey would have to have their own space, with a curtain, etc. Also Submarines are just grueling places.

Comment

Working...
                                X