McDonalds and Obamacare...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDonalds and Obamacare...

This story has been out all day today and yet has found its way here.

Under ObamaCare McDonald’s Workers Should Ditch Their “Benefits” And Join The Exchange

By DAVID WHELAN
    Image via Wikipedia

As a follow-up to my earlier post on McDonald’s clumsy foray into the health reform debate, check out this blog by E.D. Kain at Balloon Juice. Kain looks at what a McDonald’s worker pays right now for limited-benefit coverage and compares to what’s coming under health reform:
    I went over to the Kaiser Family Foundation to take a look at what I might qualify for under the healthcare law if I were a single McDonald’s worker (using 2014 dollars). Generously assuming I’d make $10/hour (I believe shift managers make about $9.81/hour) I calculate my yearly salary at $20,800 – or about 181% of poverty. Turns out I’ll be on the hook for a premium of about $1127 a year, or about $21 per week. That’s $11 less a week than I’d pay for McDonald’s mini-med benefits. But instead of yearly maximum benefit of $10,000 I’d have no maximum benefit at all since maximum benefits are no longer legal. And I’d only have a maximum out-of-pocket expense of $2,083. This plan – a ‘silver’ plan under the new law – is going to be quite a lot better than McDonald’s, actually.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

yeah read this in one of the papers I read to day.

WOW big surprise huh, govt trying to regulate the real world and now the repercussions we all knew would happen are starting to come forth.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

why is this plan being better than mcdonald's plan a bad thing?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

another Ctrl-V brought to you by vedubin

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
          another Ctrl-V brought to you by vedubin
          another douche bag response by gazellebeigem3
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            why is this plan being better than mcdonald's plan a bad thing?
            Cost man, cost.

Just like I already posted earlier, me in particular, my insurance is jumping 33% next year. Granted, I have really good insurance through work (one of the few benefits of working for the man)

But I think next year my portion of my wife and I's health insurance will be on the order of $288/month.

We are DINKs in a state with a low cost-of-living, but that's still not an incosequential number.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
            X