No announcement yet.

Use the Stock Booster - Modify the Clevis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had some issues the past weeks. Trying to find a good method to produce these things in series.

Will keep it posted on this thread.

Comment

Sounds good - thanks.

MJ

Comment

any clevis luck brother? chiming in here as im pulling the motor out of my car and considering clevis options.

Comment

Any news on the Clevis ?
          Originally posted by InuFaye
          silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
          Originally posted by blunttech
          so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
          Originally posted by george graves
          An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

In for a clevis if they go into production.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Would be be possible to delete the red part when modifying the clevis.
              Attached Files

Comment

Use a hacksaw
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Does moving the booster over 1/2" provide enough clearance to the intake manifold without there being spacers under the drivers engine mount?
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                    Does moving the booster over 1/2" provide enough clearance to the intake manifold without there being spacers under the drivers engine mount?
                    Yes, with E28 green mounts I didn't need spacers.

Comment

ECS sells the clevis now for 25$ if your in a bind and cant find one. I plan to just use some scrap and welding it to the existing clevis. using the latest Revshift "OEM" stiffness 24V Motor mounts. I'll update with pics and progress thursday night.

Comment

still trying to modify the clevis and fabricate a clevis solution... i want to make something like a triangle maybe that will distribute the forces evenly despite the angle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like your idea of strengthening the part using the angle. What I am not sure of is the clearance needed for the pedal to fit into the clevis.

I thought that the pedal "arm" needed to pass through the clevis in order for the pin to be inserted and clearance needed to allow rotation. You might be able to place a small piece of angle at the very back to triangulate somewhat but you would need to measure with the pedal in place.

MJ

Originally posted by ridingsupreme View Post
                          still trying to modify the clevis and fabricate a clevis solution... i want to make something like a triangle maybe that will distribute the forces evenly despite the angle.

Comment

forgive my crude iphone drawing.. made the image in a quick minute. your right about the pedal having to pivot and it does create a problem. I'm even considering fabricating my own brake pedal or modifying the existing in some way but then...

I feel like i'm over thinking it (I always do) trying to recreate the wheel lol. I'm sure someone else would have thought up such a solution if it was worth the effort... time will tell i guess lolz. :drink: I'll post the final results of my efforts of course, but one things for sure using a second clevis is certainly the easiest route. call my a clevifectionist?
                            Attached Files

Comment

hold everything... has anyone tried bending the brake pedal tab over to compensate? or even cutting the old one off the brake pedal and welding a new one with matching angles? no clever clevis work or weird angles to worry about that way...

Comment

ok bending the pedal is obvious not gonna happen. and fabing a whole new peice is more labor than i have time for at the moment so I'm seeking a quicker option in the meantime.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X