APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
    What size spacers are needed for the concave to clear stock calipers?

Anyone running 245s?
    I used 5mm and it cleared. 3mm might be a little close.

Comment

This is my E30 with the standard 17x8 et25 (flat faced) wrapped in 235/45R17 as well as the stud kit (90mm) that was an option at the same time.

This is standard suspension and brakes and yes, it does scrub under hard turns at the front (even with the plastic inner guards removed) and decent bumps in the rear. I only went with these tyres as I got them for $55 a tyre and I will get some 235/45R17's when my funds are refreshed. With some rolling even these tyres wouldn't scrub except for the hard turns required in a car park. The '45' series is 23.5mm larger in overall diameter then the '40' series so the car does sit higher and it looks ridiculous, but I have coilovers here now to go in.

Last edited by HotelLima95; 12-06-2016, 02:24 AM. Reason: Images weren't loading correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelLima95 View Post
        This is my E30 with the standard 17x8 et25 wrapped in 235/45R17 as well as the stud kit (90mm) that was an option at the same time.

This is standard suspension and brakes and yes, it does scrub under hard turns at the front (even with the plastic inner guards removed) and decent bumps in the rear. I only went with these tyres as I got them for $55 a tyre and I will get some 235/45R17's when my funds are refreshed. With some rolling even these tyres wouldn't scrub except for the hard turns required in a car park. The '45' series is 23.5mm larger in overall diameter then the '40' series so the car does sit higher and it looks ridiculous, but I have coilovers here now to go in.

[IMG]hotellima95.smugmug.com/E30-Photos/i-zmVpBM3/A[/IMG]

Do you think 225 up front would solve the rubbing on hard turns? I know someone stated that 215 are fine.

Pics wouldn't load for me. :/

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
        "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Originally posted by E30xium View Post
          Do you think 225 up front would solve the rubbing on hard turns? I know someone stated that 215 are fine.
          The issue isn't the width being 235, the issue is the profile being 45. A profile of 40 should be fine under hard turns.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa KING euro View Post
            Was wondering about this i have an rx7 kit not yet installed and was hoping it would required less than an 18 mm spacer to fit concaves...any pics? I feel like my concaves already stick out alot past the fender with 5 mm spacers to clear front brakes. Was considering running the 8" wheels to clear the brakes not sure how it would look

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
            Yes, Ive also test fit and need 18-20mm spacers to get the concaves to clear the Rx7/Corrado set up.

Im partial to the to concaves(they look so good) so Im deciding between flares and other BBK options(im lookin at you massive;D)

Also Im pretty sure the Rx7 calipers are ginormous even compared to other BBKs, so there may be a need for spacers even with the flat faces. (just speculation)
            Last edited by CaliDazze; 12-06-2016, 06:58 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by E30xium View Post

Pics wouldn't load for me. :/

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
              Yeah, I said 215/235 40 staggered is good from a fit perspective. 225/40's don't exist in 17. Otherwise they'd be a nice square compromise.
              Last edited by Nick's e30; 12-06-2016, 07:36 AM.
              No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick's e30;4722626]Cool, but not at all my question. I'm sure everyone has the wheels by now.

So does anyone have tires on them

Sorry, misread your question...

This is my second set of the 8" versions.
                Perfect street tires size was 245/35 I didn't have any rubbing issues with a good fender roll/pull

Then I went to 245/40 tires for track use and had to do some more pulling and removed the fender liners up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  8" rims might be preferable for street duty. The reason being that as the width is reduced, it allows tires to have a rounder shoulder, which is softer than straight shoulders. Basically, running 235.40.17 on 8" rims is more comfortable than on 8.5"... But on the track, the round shoulders will have more flex and will make the tire less precise. Pick your poison. They each have their advantage.

BTW On my e30 M3 I was running e36 17"x9" rims on 235.40.17 and the tires were a bit stretched. 8.5" is therefore perfect for track duty. and the concave face is sooooo nice ;-)

Problem is they offered the concave 8.5's in a stance offset. I was all a excited to have a 8.5 inch track wheel but I can run a larger tire on my 8's then their 8.5...

Comment

Originally posted by iliad View Post

Sorry, misread your question...

This is my second set of the 8" versions.
                    Perfect street tires size was 245/35 I didn't have any rubbing issues with a good fender roll/pull

Then I went to 245/40 tires for track use and had to do some more pulling and removed the fender liners up front.
                    Cool bud! So you did square 245/35?

I used to be on air and haven't had fender liners in a long time. Not too worried about that.

Problem is they offered the concave 8.5's in a stance offset. I was all a excited to have a 8.5 inch track wheel but I can run a larger tire on my 8's then their 8.5...
                    Our wheel and tire guru (mystikal) sort of thought they fucked the offset up too. Add the fact that you can't run a handful of BBK's that clear most 16'' wheels and it made the 8 a better wheel, unless you were planning on an agressive fender flare.
                    No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                      Cool bud! So you did square 245/35?

I used to be on air and haven't had fender liners in a long time. Not too worried about that.

Our wheel and tire guru (mystikal) sort of thought they fucked the offset up too. Add the fact that you can't run a handful of BBK's that clear most 16'' wheels and it made the 8 a better wheel, unless you were planning on an agressive fender flare.
                      Yep.
                      What is aggravating is it was up for a vote..
                      Since when does apex make stance wheels?
                      Should have a been a et25-28 and we could have squeezed a 255 on them possibly.
                      You can fit a big tire under an e30 as long as the wheel is proper.

Comment

Got the Massive street kit on! Lee was great to deal with and parts shipped quickly. Excellent craftsmanship on the brackets. I included a picture of the rx7 calipers for comparison. I still used a 12mm spacer but could get away with 8mm. Tires are 235/40 S drives.

20161205_171401_HDR by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

20161205_174502 by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

20161205_174514 by Zachary Murray, on Flickr

20161207_162257_HDR by Zachary Murray, on Flickr
                        Last edited by Zacm829; 12-07-2016, 09:11 PM.
                        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Anyone running 245/40/17? Or RE71R?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                            Anyone running 245/40/17? Or RE71R?

Yes 245/40 on the 8" versions.
                            Yokohama AD08R'S.
                            Required some work to fit, rolling, pulling, removed fender liners up front.

Comment

Yes 245/40 on the 8" versions.
                              Yokohama AD08R'S.
                              Required some work to fit, rolling, pulling, removed fender liners up front.
                              Cool but does anyone run 245/40 on the 8.5 concave wheels yet?

I'm running 245/40 on 15x10s that fit my stock body E30. Trying to figure out what size tire I'll be able to fit
                              sigpic

Comment

My 235/45/17s don't rub on the actual lip, but on the little protruding block that is in the wheel well in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                                X