Charlotte, NC - 2nd annual February Fling 2/18/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte, NC - 2nd annual February Fling 2/18/06

Cool event, attended last year...and if nothing else it's for a good cause.

Its time for the second annual February Fling GTG at the Morris Costumes distribution warehouse in Charlotte, NC. Location is the same as last year. This is NOT any of the locations on Monroe Rd, it is located in the University area. There will not be an autocross for liability reasons, but this year it should be much bigger. We had to wait on the decided date because of Morris's expansion project onto the warehouse. Proceeds this year will go to the American Breast Cancer Society. Sean's mother was diagnosed about a month after the event last year, this is a tribute to her.

We would like to get another Dyno this year, possibly an AWD dyno for all of the audi folks, we need a list of people that WILL dyno, to get a minimum amount, (so the mobile dyno will even attend)

We are planning to have window tinting on site, just like we did last year (hopefully the same people)
    And we will probably have a dent wizard representative on site, to make your car ding-free.

We will have food on site this year.

February Fling 2/18/2006
    10am-5pm

Morris Costumes
    6900 Solectron Drive
    Charlotte, NC 28262

Automotive businesses are urged to attend.

Businesses Attending so far:
    At Black Forest Industries we manufacture performance parts for your VW / Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Porsche, and Mini but we also provide maintenance repair parts as well. Keep your ride on the road, make it faster, or make it look better than it did on the showroom floor!

GMP Performance (German Motoring Products) was established in 1975 specializing in European automotive enhancements tailoring wheel and tire packages, sport tuned suspensions, engine performance upgrades, exhaust systems and big brake kits.

http://www.vikingimports.com
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Thanks for posting this one up Trevor. You beat me to it.:up:

Defintately a fun event and it will no doubt be bigger than it was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitburger
      Thanks for posting this one up Trevor. You beat me to it.:up:

Defintately a fun event and it will no doubt be bigger than it was last year.

Not that last year was in anyway a disappointment though. I just hope they get a dyno figured out, I wouldn't mind seeing where I'm at.
      Trevor Ely

Comment

Yeah there were issues with the dyno last year because a lot of people that had committed to spots backed out on the day of the show. Hopefully it'll be sorted by then because I also want to see where I'm at with my 325is.

Comment

i'll own you both with my mad powa! [/end sarcasm]

ill do a few dyno runs probably, and maybe buy some shifter bushings!
          173rd ABN

Comment

count me in for this meet... I should have my car fixed by then

Comment

we will see but hey i can always hope Ill be free.
              HDE30 <3

Comment

I'll be there, hopefully with the new motor and suspension in the car. Shit's gonna be tight. I'll be wrenching at 5am the day of, no doubt.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

What kinda of dyno and how much? Will tinting be discounted? The dyno is that going to be the dynapack style where the disconnect the wheels and bolt the car to the machine?

Comment

Trevor, I don't think I'll be able to make it... :(

I'll be in Beech Mountain that weekend, which is in NC. I might be able to stop by for a few hours, but I'll be rocking the LeSabre.
                    The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is

I'll be in Beech Mountain that weekend, which is in NC. I might be able to stop by for a few hours, but I'll be rocking the LeSabre.
                      lesabre owns.
                      173rd ABN

Comment

Don't pull another flake on me Morgan. Beech Mtn is close enough.
                        Trevor Ely

Comment

I will seriously come by with the LeSabre. I'm not joking.
                          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I will seriously come by with the LeSabre. I'm not joking.
                            I don't believe you. You're skeered.
                            Trevor Ely

Comment

I drove a Saturn to a meet in Winston one time... but nothing tops Dado coming to the meet in Wilmington a couple of years back in a MINIVAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X