Massive BBK Wheel Fitment Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    The Sport kit fits TRM 8" wheels if you slightly grind the tips of the calipers.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...5&postcount=90

Lee, will the kit fit the TRM 7" with a little grinding?

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
      Lee, will the kit fit the TRM 7" with a little grinding?
      I honestly don't know as the combination hasn't been tested.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Ah - so we established that the Team Dynamics Pro Race 2.0 15" (offset 25) work great - wanted to order some more, and apparently they are no longer available from the factory...

Does anyone know if the Team Dynamics Pro Race 3.0 15" works with Lee's racing setup?

*edit* we found two more Race Pro 2.0 sets in black.

kind regards

Ron
        Last edited by RonV; 05-13-2010, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I would like to add two wheels to the list. Both Cleared the 300x32 Template with plenty of room on the spokes and the barrel

15x7 et 15 Advanti Racing Wheels. Specially developed for the NZ E30racing Class.

Available Here: http://www.dchmotorsport.co.nz/Motor...E30-Racing.php

16 x 8 et 0 XXR 522:

- Chris
          Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Nice. A good thing to find another 15" wheel that fits the thick 300x32mm BBK. Is the wheel available in 8" width too? Do you distribute the wheels in the Pacific?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              Nice. A good thing to find another 15" wheel that fits the thick 300x32mm BBK. Is the wheel available in 8" width too? Do you distribute the wheels in the Pacific?
              Unfortunately the wheel is only available in 7". That link I posted is where I bought mine from. They were happy to work with me and I organised a bunch of us. We brought in 3 sets of wheels on a pallet. Worked out to be a touch under $850AUD shipped for us Aussie guys, including a bunch of tax and fees that we got slapped with once the wheels were in Australia. Customs are jerks

DCH are really great guys, if your seriously interested they would find a way to have them shipped to the States. Maybe become a US dealer??

Selling bolt-on E30 wheels that are light (6kg's) and clear your BBK....
              - Chris
              Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Andrew from Australia was kind enough to send me a picture of his M Tech Two with front and rear 300x32mm brake kits, with front and rear radially mounted calipers. Six pistons SL6R and four pistons SL4R. This is the Top of the Line for the e30.

This is more brake than even the 286hp Euro e28 M5, with much improved technology too.

"I must say I am really impressed with the increase in braking performance, it is ridiculously good."

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Since this is the wheel fitment thread did he give you any info on, you know, the wheels? I can see they're OZ Alleggeritas, but details would be nice.
                  1973 Bavaria

Comment

As received from Andrew.

"Wheels are O.Z Alleggrita HLT. Size is 16x7, ET37. The centre bore is 68mm. Without spacers the front wheels do not clear the calipers (spoke interference) but the rears do fit at ET37. For the rears, there is perhaps 3mm clearance between caliper face and spokes. Barrel clearance is fine.

I have made up some 15mm and 10mm hubcentric 57.1 to 68mm spacers so that I do not need to run any hubcentric rings with a spacer (we run an engineering shop). With a 15mm spacer on the front, I have a good 5+mm of spoke clearance and absolutely heaps on the rears. Running an effective ET22 fr and rr with 225/45/16 tires has no clearance issues anywhere.

Wheels are ~ 6.2Kg each and are super cheap. I’m pretty pleased with them."

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Excellent, thanks for passing on the info Lee! I really like those wheels.
                      1973 Bavaria

Comment

Sorry for reviving an older thread but I skimmed through this and wanted to add that my friend just picked up a set of ESM's RS replica wheels and he's having fitment issues with his fronts (figured as much seeing as how the RS wheels were already mentioned as not working). He's got an 8.5" wheel ET 20 and he's about 27mm short of clearing the front brakes. Looks like he may have to find some different wheels.

BTW, the rears were 9.5" wide and cleared fine.

Comment

Borbet B's (Mesh style) 16x7.5 et20

I didn't see it posted so I printed out the profiles to see what would fit behind Borbet B's (Mesh style) 16x7.5 et20.

Street 280mm x 22mm kit clears.

Sport 300mm x 21mm, looks like a 3mm to 5mm spacer may make it fit.

Race 300mm x 32mm no way.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                            15X7 Kosei k1 et 27
                            No spacers but I filled a tiny bit off the edge of the caliper as Lee suggested.
                            Honestly a 3mm spacer would probably make them clear.

Dont fit
                            15" BBS RZ et20

Hunter
                            Sorry to bump this but I'm curious if the BBS RZ's will fit with a 3mm spacer up front.

The caliper definitely doesn't clear cause it hits the weaves but 3mm more might do it. Has anyone tried?
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Anyone?
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

BBS RX in 16x7 et35 will fit the front race kit with a 25mm spacer I need for my coilovers anyway (the template fits in any case). Maybe they would fit with 20mm as well, but it would be very close. Around 5mm of space now. Lee, look for an order next week!

Comment

Working...
                                X