late model 318 w/ turbo m50 on megasquirt..... an OG car FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late model 318 w/ turbo m50 on megasquirt..... an OG car FS

***AVAILABALE AGAIN **** SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATE ON THE FOR SALE THEREAD!!!! NEW PICTURES TO COME THIS WEEKEND TO SHOW OFF NEW WORK

I hate to see it go and it def needs some body work and a better interior to make it the car the rest of these turbo e30's are, but this is one reliable turbo e30. I've been daily driving it for months and taken it on 4+ hour road trips. outside replacing the small case diff once it has needed nothing. it runs 7 psi controlled by Megasquirt on a m50NV motor. GC street kit and camber plates. 3.25 LSD and powder coated cover. AKG red subrframe bushings. custom short shift kit that's really nice. AEM wideband gauge. really unique under hood intercooled turbo setup for OEM appearance. Hella smoked crosshairs headlights. tinted tails. newish snow tires and comes with a pair of drag radials. lots more and plenty of spare parts to pass along.

here's the build thread

6500 OBO

The Good:

-m50 nonvanos motor swap

-custom top mount log manifold from sch40 steel

-Turbonetics 57trim T04E

-Turbonetics deltagate wastegate ----very nice because of large diaphragm for E.B.C.

-DSM blowoff valve and custom chargpiping for underhood air to air intercooler setup

-Megasquirt 2 Standalone ECU with Electronic Boost Control and wired setup for wasted spark using all BMW OEM sensors except IAT and wideband AEM O2

-Proven reliable map for safe daily operation

-Ground control street coilover kit with __NEW___Koni S/A

-Ground Control adjustable camber plates

-Custom built short shift kit with new bushings--really nice

-AKG Race subframe bushings brand new

-Stewart high performance water pump

- Recently replaced 3.25 medium case LSD w/ powder coated red cover

-custom carbon fiber interior gauge panel for boost and AEM wideband gauges

-Supersprint rear muffler section

-Hella smoked Euro Crosshair headlights

-Euro front grills

-Smoked taillights

-newish front rotors and pads

-4 newish snow tires and 2 spare fun tires plus a good condition full sized spare tire

-I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff here

The Bad:------NEARLY ALL FIXED NOW-----see notes

-Heavy passenger rear quarter panel damage

-dings and dents all the way around the chassis

-no vaccum assist brakes or ABS - under boost the check valve went bad and blew the e21 booster- i actually like it more now. Has a great braking feel and car is small enough you still lock all four tires up without crazy effort _____FIXED_____!!!

-exhaust leaks from wastegate v-band where it rejoins the downpipe and where the downpipe meets the mid section (needs the vbands redone and a flex pipe welded in) and definitely isnt a quiet ride ______FIXED______

-cracked dashboard

-tired and worn out interior ______COMPLETE INTERIOR REDONE BLACK SPORT LEATHER W/ NEW CARPET_____

-gauge cluster for Tach and temp is unreliable. Seems to cut in and out when it desires. i use a tablet with the full MS2 readout whenever I drive but any windows laptop with a USB would work. ______FULLY RESOLVED________

-rear left turn signal does same thing, works 90% of the time. You hit a bad bump and then thinks the bulb is out. hit another bump it works again

THE NEW___

-new Koni s/a's all around
    -newAKB bushings up front
    -modified front strut housings
    -new GC 550/750 springs
    -fully built custom head MLS .140 head gasket ARP and custom cams installed

lots of new parts included---brand new fenders, ix skirt skit, etc. etc.

thanks for checking it out.
    Last edited by 86325LSD; 01-28-2016, 09:06 AM. Reason: more info
    faint in, throttle out.

Any pictures of the said interior?
    Mid life crisis.

Comment

I kinda want it.

Comment

Cash in hand. Pm me your number so we can talk. Thanks

Comment

I'll try and get some embedded pics up tonight.

In the meantime.....Bump
          faint in, throttle out.

Comment

That car looks like some serious fun to drive. Very cool build! GLWS

Comment

come take a a ride along..... bump
              faint in, throttle out.

Comment

sale pending for wnae30
                faint in, throttle out.

Comment

sold
                  faint in, throttle out.

Comment

i bought this car back in September of 2014 from the guy that bought it from me back in Jan of 2014 and have since finished a number of things on the car. It still needs ~2-3g in body work and paint to be the 10-12k turbo swapped cars the rest are, but at least now the interior is done, including carpet and welding and patching all the floor pan trouble spots and undercoating all the new work, the compete suspension has been refreshed with new Koni S/A's. It has a custom head, cams, ARP and all performance top end components. I have receipts and a folder full of documentation on this car dating all the way back to 1991.

Now the bad..The boost was turned up to 14lbs and then 17lbs and the thing absolutely ripped, but at the higher boost the rings have become the weak point now with the refreshed head. It could use a bottom end rebuild to really see the cars full power potential, as i have turned the boost back down to 7lbs to reduce the blow by experienced at higher boost pressures. The car still runs and drives just fine and is faster than most people need at 7lbs, but it does burn more oil than it should. What do you expect from a stock bottom end and a lower cost DOHC turbo swapped e30.

I'm asking $6500 now with all the additional work that has been done and will have a trunk full of parts and spares to include with the sale including two brand new fenders, a full ix skirt kit (matching diamondschwartz), is lip, more turbo goodies and engine parts than you can shake a stick at and a complete spare head with stock cams. I have a spare steering rack, different spring setups for the GC's. I have done nothing but pour more money into this car and its time to move onto my other projects and finish some of them.

$6500 -- make me a good offer; this car is listed at a more than fair price for the parts alone and history of an r3v OG car. Would entertain trade offers but prefer the green stuff.

I will also only sell to someone I believe will make the car right, I do still love this car and if i cant give it the continued love it needs now, i am content to continue to store it in its garage for the $75 a month.
                    Last edited by 86325LSD; 01-28-2016, 09:15 AM. Reason: trades?
                    faint in, throttle out.

Comment

bump... come take a test ride and make an offer. really motivated as my built engine is nearly done and need to pay the machine shop
                      faint in, throttle out.

Comment

bump...
                        faint in, throttle out.

Comment

bump.....5500 cash takes it...it needs a bottom end but still runs and drives. The rings are officially shot though.
                          faint in, throttle out.

Comment

I wish you were on the west coast! I would fly in and drive this thing home for the right price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not try and drive this coast to coast lol........but more power to those willing to try lol.

BUMP!
                              faint in, throttle out.

Comment

Working...
                              X