Salvage title due to donation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvage title due to donation???

Just like the title says... Is that even possible? Looking into a e30 and seller claims its salvage title due to it being donated to a non profit. I ran a car fax report on it and it says salvage title but doesn't give s reason for it. Any info would be appreciated.

thats not true, my first e30 was donated to a animal shelter, bought at auction, not totaled.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      thats not true, my first e30 was donated to a animal shelter, bought at auction, not totaled.
      i also check experian auto check and it say no accidents have been reported... It's got me real confused

Comment

I'm going to try and attach a screenshot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sevo21; 02-05-2017, 03:57 AM. Reason: Never mind got it to work.

Comment

Might be California changed their rules. Simple way is just call the dmv or what ever it's called out there and ask the question.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I saw that ad, too. It's a pretty nice E30.

Comment

have the car looked over by a professional, its not hard to spot accident or previous repair damage on a e30 if you know where to look
              Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
              Bimmerbuddies LLC
              717-388-1256
              2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
              bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

We had a mini dealer at my highschool. Took donated cars, the ones worth the time got fixed up and sold at a end of year auction. Pretty cool program, we were the techs as well as the salesmen.

Anywho, none of those cars had salvage titles.

The cars we got that were donated directly from a manufacturer (usually due to damage in transit when new), were marked for life. Could not be titled and had to be destroyed when it no longer had any useful purpose.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                X