Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go:

My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

No mention of mileage, but hits the other nails on the head.

I would bet it has high mileage, as a MY03 that is that clean, with around 100k miles could fetch close to 20k.

E39 M5's start to get nasty/expensive when the mileage starts creeping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Link???
        D'oh! Fixed
        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          No mention of mileage, but hits the other nails on the head.

I would bet it has high mileage, as a MY03 that is that clean, with around 100k miles could fetch close to 20k.

E39 M5's start to get nasty/expensive when the mileage starts creeping up.
          Not always. There are a couple guys on the m5 board that are pushing 300k and have had mostly regular maintenance. I have almost 140k on mine and it's been very reliable. They have a bad rap as repairs/parts can be expensive but for those that can do it ourselves they are like any other older modern BMW. There is also good enthusiast support to help.

Comment

You guys ever notice that with most good deals the car is black? I have a hunch that black cars are valued less than other colors. I know I've passed over many cars just because black is at the end of my color preference list, right after white.

That interior would look good inside green.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
              You guys ever notice that with most good deals the car is black? I have a hunch that black cars are valued less than other colors. I know I've passed over many cars just because black is at the end of my color preference list, right after white.

That interior would look good inside green.
              Go back to P&R.

Comment

this one was too good not to post here. i can't figure out what part is more hilarious, the fact that this guy is asking a grand for this pile of shit or the comentary in the ad.

24 Hours of Lemons/Chump/WRL E30 Roller POS - $999

After many successful seasons of shaming 6 cyl E30s and other racars, we have moved onto a different chassis, and rather than give it a Viking Funeral, I'm posting Smashy up for sale, in the hopes that some other fool can continue to enjoy the sh*t out of it.

First and foremost, you must realize that Smashy looks like dookie. But...there is something to be said for having a "racecar" that you don't need to wash and wax. And the best part of racing a pile is beating all those pretty cars. The pinnacle is probably the Hallet race where we pulled into the winners circle, grinding transmission, leaking oil, coolant and power steering fluid, and when our driver opened the door it fell off. You can't write this stuff. A tale for the generations.

Smashy has graced many a winners circle, with too many wins to remember, with class wins and podiums finshes in Lemons, Chump Car and World Racing League; MSR Houston, Harris Hill Road, No Problem Raceway, Eagles Canyon, Hallet (numerous wins) and even a 3rd place at the Regional Chumpoinships at Heartland Park. We took her to a DE once, the water pump fell out, mechanical fan and all, went skittering into the weeds. A corner worker snatched it from the grass, mechanical fan still attached...we stuck it back in, and ran the rest of the weekend. Smashy is a legund.

Smashy may like a bag of turds, but is a solid foundation, with lots of sorting and upgrades along the way. You could use it as a parts car to turn another E30 into a racecar, or swap. For reference, fenders and doors are $35 each at Pick&Pull, and half price on holiday weekends!

So onto the good stuff;

Unlike some Lemons/chump car with their sketchy/ghetto/hobo cages covered in hepatitis, Smashy has a professionally build tig-welded cage, built to meet requirements of not only Lemons, but also BMWCCA, SCCA and NASA. We paid over $2200 for this properly built and SAFE cage.

Features of this roller;

First, this is an ABS car! Very important. There are keyboard warriors that claim ABS is for wussies, but as "guest drivers" are pretty common in endurance race series, having ABS to keep some ham-footed dork from flat spotting your tires is nice. These keyboard warriors are the same knob ends that when someone posts "What is my car worth?" reply "It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it!". Thanks, d*ck.

Roller has;

Electric fan, Ducted front brakes, rebuilt calipers, stainless steel brake lines, strut housings modified for coilover springs, and M3 swaybar tabs, new or newish wheels bearing, newish front control arms, modified rear subframe (camber & caster), urethane subframe bushings, E30 M3 sway bars, Dual master electrical cut-off switches, working factory tach, speedo and temp gauge, Autometer oil pressure gauge, oil pressure low pressure warning light, aux electrical outlets for coolsuit/radio/AIM Solo, Limited Edition Tickle-Me-Elmo racing steering wheel, seat back brace, wink style racing mirror, Gluten Free LED taillamps, extensively gutted for weight savings, wheels studs, truck nuts and a reputation.

Does NOT include the driveline, so you'd need to bring your driveline to the party. You can swap in a 4 cyl like we raced, or a BMW 6 cyl or a straight 8 Packard to appease those Lemons nerds. If you can swap an engine, you could have this car racing in February. If you can't swap an engine, well then you have no business racing.

Car comes with spare control arm, spare tie rod, extra firesuit and boots for pit stops, spare set of calipers, spare rotors, and lots of spare racing pads.

Also have various additional parts can work into a deal, including Sparco seat, Limited Slip diff, Bilstein shocks, etc.

As you can see, this ugly duckling is a beautiful swan under the surface, but I really want it gone! There may be prettier ways to race slowly, or more expensive ways to podium, but you won't find a quicker, cheaper path for you and a couple of your equally irresponsible friends to embark on a bucket list adventure. No reasonable offer will be refused. Will trade for a rust-free 1972 BMW 2002 Tii in Inca Orange with black interior, A/C car with no sunroof.

ALL MEN DIE, BUT NOT EVERY MAN TRULY LIVES!
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^
                  That is an amazing deal.

This one is not, and might be the worst value for money I've ever seen on CL that wasnt a blatant joke ad.

1957 Fiat TV 1200 Spyder - $850

Comment

At that point, you're buying a vin.

That racecar roller us a good bargain for a team car. It may look bad, but the important parts are worth a lot more than the ask..easily.
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
                      Not always. There are a couple guys on the m5 board that are pushing 300k and have had mostly regular maintenance. I have almost 140k on mine and it's been very reliable. They have a bad rap as repairs/parts can be expensive but for those that can do it ourselves they are like any other older modern BMW. There is also good enthusiast support to help.
                      Of course, just like most other things, there are the guys who have high mileage and no SAP issues, etc., and then there are guys who have 80k and the S62 burns oil like crazy and has been to the shop multiple times.

It's just good to know that purchasing an E39 M5 without a detailed maintenance history, and for below market value, can be a costly decision.

Comment

1988 Mitsubishi Minicab - 4WD - 3 Speed Manual Trans - Dump Bed - Scissor Lift - Wheel & Tire Upgrade - Removable Winch - Custom Front & Rear Bumper - Custom Bed Rack - Nearly 50,000 Lumens of Exterior LED Lighting - Much, Much More!

Notes: This cannot be made street legal in Maryland. These trucks are not intended for street use; Serious inquiries only please; I'm not interested in any trades; Please read ad and look over pictures before you ask me something I've covered in depth below :)

Pictures:

Videos:
                        Just a good handful of videos explaining and demonstrating pretty much all of the features of my highly customized '88 Minicab I recently built and have put ...

Full Ad:

Please feel free to share this post if you know of anyone looking for something like this!
                        This is a 1988 Mitsubishi Minicab 4WD that I have for sale. It is an imported Japanese mini truck, also known as a "KEI" truck. This particular truck I have is very rare due to some of its OEM features, which makes pretty valuable. When it comes down to it, it is the ultimate side-by-side, go-anywhere vehicle!

I purchased this around 1 year ago ago with plans on making this a very fun, and very capable off-road vehicle. As you will see, it is absolutely every bit of both. It started as a plain, white mini truck that had small, worn tires, horrible looking, rusty wheels, some surface rust on the paint, and it was just a bit of an eye-sore. I cleaned it up really well, removed all surface rust from the body, applied etching primer, and sealed up the body. I went a little crazy from there. I ordered some new, 22" mud tires, black ITP wheels, and some custom wheel adapters to allow the 4x100 lug pattern to bolt up. Along with that, I ordered a 2.5" lift kit (with front camber adjustment) to get the tires to clear.

Next, I decided that the factory bumpers just weren't good enough. The front bumper had some dents and had no purpose, as thin as it was. I took the truck to Joseph Hunsberger, a local fabricator, after tossing some ideas around. He built a new custom front winch bumper with brush guard, and reconstructed the rear bumper with a bunch of new fabrication. I wanted to house a full-size 12v battery properly, and have a means of climbing into the bed from either side of the truck, so he fashioned some nice provisions for that as well. I planned on taking the truck on camping trip on some trails, and wanted to load up the bed of the truck with a whole bunch of storage containers of various camping supplies, but the short height of the sides of the bed were not going to allow me to stack things without having to spend a lot of time securing everything. He ended up making me a drop-in rack for the bed that requires no tools to install or remove. It's a 1-person job, and allows for stacking of items in the bed when going off-roading. I also wanted this thing to be able to put out a huge amount of light all the way around the vehicle, in case it was needed for anything. I ordered a bunch of a various 6000k LED lights and Joe came up with the perfect mounting locations for everything, and made a custom rack to hold much of this additional lighting. All of this additional fabricated metal-work has been treated in POR-15, some of which has also been coated in Herculiner roll-on bed liner. These items will absolutely never rust.

Back to the lighting, every last fixture is properly wired, using Weather-pack connectors where possible. There is not a single butt-splice in this wiring. All of the lighting is powered via a fused, 10-AWG wire coming from the battery, that is activated via a relay, only when the ignition key is in the ACC or ON positions. Each light has it's own custom rocker switch, and each switch has the proper fuse ahead of it. I molded a switch pod to the ash tray lid on the dash of the truck to hold the rocker switches. Aside from the color of the plastic, you can't tell it wasn't there from the factory. The curved, 32" light bar produces 30,000 lumens of light. It's incredibly bright, and has a specially-designed lens to project the lighting much better than a standard light bar. The front bumper and rear bumper flush LED pods are 2,200 lumens each. The side LED's are 2,800 lumens each, and the upper rear lights are 1,800 each. That's 48,000 total lumens, not including the factory headlamps!! You will light up a trail or a field like it is daylight! And all LED lighting uses genuine CREE LED's!

While Joe was starting fabrication on the front and rear bumpers, I came up with the idea of a 2" hitch style winch mount on both bumpers, so the winch can be used for recovery from the front or rear. I ordered a new, Champion 4500 lbs winch as well as a winch hitch mount and Joe made it happen! The winch can only be operated while the ignition is in the ACC or ON position, after a safety switch that I installed on the dash is turned on. I ran 2-AWG wiring through the front and rear bumpers and installed a heavy-duty connector on both ends. To move the winch from the front to the rear or vice versa you simply unplug the large red connector, remove the locking hitch pin, and slide the winch into the other hitch receiver and plug it back in. Simple as that. It literally takes 30-40 seconds to move the winch from one end to the other and have it ready to use. The best feature is that the winch comes with a wireless remote that you can choose to use from outside of the truck (if you're not using the button on the interior switch pod). Just turn on the safety switch on the dash, and operate the winch from either the wireless remote or the switch on the switch pod. I'm also including a brand new 60' ARB winch extension strap with a 9900 lbs capacity, a 6" tree saver winch strap, SmittyBilt 3/4" D-ring, and a hitch with a 3/4" D-ring installed to it that can be installed in either the front and rear bumper if you'd like.

What makes this truck very special is the bed. It has a hydraulically-operated bed that can perform two functions: dump and lift. Set the lever for the bed in one direction and it will act as a dump bed, and set the lever in the opposite direction and the bed will lift straight in the air which can be used for loading or unloading things from higher off the ground, trimming tree branches-- you name it. It's a highly sought-after feature, but very few mini trucks have the dump bed, let alone dump bed and scissor lift combo. The bed can be controller from either inside the cab with a switch in the dash, or you can connect the wired remote. Another few rare features are the extended roof of the cab (plenty of head-room for tall people), and the left-hand-drive configuration. Over 95% of mini trucks out there are right-hand-drive, and when it comes to driving a manual transmission that way when you're not used to it-- good luck. This is just like driving any other left-hand-drive, manual transmission vehicle.

The engine runs great and is plenty powerful. I have a newly-rebuilt alternator and 1-year-old Duralast red-top battery on it. I just installed a brand new plastic battery box, external battery terminal posts (great for charging the battery [shouldn't need to]) or jump-starting another vehicle, as well hooking up any 12v accessory that uses battery terminal clamps), with brand new battery terminals and brass lugs on all battery wiring. The engine has a fresh oil change and the carb was just disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, and put back together.

The 4-wheel-drive on this thing is simply awesome. A friend and I loaded this truck up with camping gear last summer and took it to the Hatfield & McCoy trails in Man, WV. This truck went everywhere all the Polar RZR side-by-sides went, without struggle. The truck stayed in 2WD most of the time. I took it out during the snow we got here in Southern MD in December, and in around 8" of snow I never had to put it in 4WD. The tires are absolutely great in the mud and snow. They are NOT meant for use on roads-- the tread pattern causes a somewhat rough ride and vibration due to the design. The few times I have used 4WD I mainly used 4-Low for the gearing, going up steep hills on loose, wet terrain. It goes everywhere without effort! And in 4-Low these things can pull quite a load. I've seen videos of people towing SUV's with these things, and even one of a person towing an SUV that had a trailer attached with a gold cart loaded on it, with a riding lawn mower linked up the the trailer. These trucks are animals!

I most recently properly prepped the body and laid down a free-hand camouflage paint job. It's nothing great, but looks way better than the original white that was faded and had surface rust coming through. My friend laid down 2 coats of matte clear to protect the paint. I then applied Herculiner to the bed, bumpers, side-steps, and the floor. The rest of the vehicle (frame of the body, frame of the bed hydraulics, etc.) has been coated in Rustoleum spray-on bed liner to eliminate the original white paint and protect from future rust.

I have also installed a digital voltmeter so you can keep an eye on your voltage (mainly if you're running accessories with the engine off), and also installed a dual-port USB charger, so you can charge 2 USB devices at once. One of the 2 ports is a quick-charge, which is great for smart phones. I installed a 12v cigarette lighter which can also be used a 12v power port for whatever else you may want to plug in. All of these items are fused as well, to protect from damage.

The truck has working heat (starts warming up quickly, and will keep the cab toasty in any weather!), windshield wipers, windshield washer squirters, horn, low beam and high beam factory head lamps, turn signals, front LED parking/turn lights, rear LED parking/turn/stop lights, and LED side marker lights, fuel gauge, engine temperature gauge, speedometer, glove box, external storage box, recently-purchased 5-gallon Jerry can mounted in the bed, and more! These things get very good fuel economy so you don't need to worry about running out of fuel, but I decided to install the Jerry can in case we started running low on gas last summer in the event we didn't feel like venturing out for gas once we made it to the Hatfield & McCoy trails for the weekend.

As you can see, this thing has a ton of hard work and money invested in it. All of the add-ons I've done were done with a lot of attention to detail. You have to come and see this thing in person to really see how well everything was put together and just how cool the truck really is. It can be used for hunting (can even throw a camouflage net over the rear bed rack, put the bed all the way up in the air, throw a chair in the back, and have a perfect duck blind!!), off-roading, and/or farm use!

I've decided, with all of the time and money I've put into this thing, and what lesser mini trucks have recently been selling for, I am looking to get $11,500 for this truck. This is MUCH cheaper than any decent side-by-side, with a whole lot more functionality and features. If you're looking for something cheaper that does less, then this is not going to be the vehicle for you. But if you're considering a RZR, Ranger, Gator, Kubota, or anything along those lines.... this should be right up your alley and will save you several thousands of dollars. A lot more, for a lot less money :)

Serious inquiries only! If you'd like to come see it, please call me or send me an e-mail. Text messages WILL BE IGNORED. The truck is currently in Lusby, MD but will soon be stored somewhere else in the area. If you're seriously interested and have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks! -Andrew
                        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

^^ My old roommate and I always talked about picking one of these little bastards up.

That one is cool.

Comment

Hell yes, more Kei cars. There's always something about the tiny size that gets you hooked.
                            "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                            The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Now this is a gem!

Comment

Enthusiasts only...get a load of those expertly rolled fenders. I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X