This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
    Delphin with black is my favorite e30 color. This would go perfect with my Delphin/black early model. But I'm that guy that doesn't like red and I hate white.
    My rule of thumb is that the metallic colors like Delphin look better on early models because they go with the chrome trim.

Shadowline late model cars - all about the single stage red/white.
    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

I dunno about that, Delphin with the MT2? That even makes a 4-door sexy..
      Last edited by djjerme; 02-16-2017, 11:07 PM.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Someone is about to get a great deal on that gts2 325is. Im sure that metric mechanic motor cost as much as the current bid price
        Originally posted by blunttech
        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
        :shock:

Comment

Sure, this 325is may say it has a clean carfax, but do the vin's all match?

IMHO that's the proof of a clean car. Carfax only became a reliable source of info after the mid 2000's. LONG after this car was initially put on the road.

ijs

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

That 325is is super clean. Getting harder and harder to find them like this. I have a 90 325is in similar condition so I will be watching this one closely.

Only two things I question.

"The Delphin Metallic Grey finish is believed to be a repaint performed by the previous owner."
            I would want to know more about this. Perhaps receipts and documentation that it had a proper quality job done; especially when buying over the interwebs.

Also it looks like something hit the front of the battery box at some point. Perfect spot for rust. I would want some more pics of that area.

Last edited by Zeemz; 02-17-2017, 06:34 AM.
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Crazy... race car sold for $20,500
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                That 325is is super clean. Getting harder and harder to find them like this. I have a 90 325is in similar condition so I will be watching this one closely.

Only two things I question.

"The Delphin Metallic Grey finish is believed to be a repaint performed by the previous owner."
                I would want to know more about this. Perhaps receipts and documentation that it had a proper quality job done; especially when buying over the interwebs.

Also it looks like something hit the front of the battery box at some point. Perfect spot for rust. I would want some more pics of that area.

Agreed. I also noticed that in the pic.

I have a Delphin 88 325is in similar condition but with heated grey cloth sport seats.

Also very interested in outcome too.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Crazy... race car sold for $20,500
                  Not really. Fresh motor, sorted, proven race car. That's about what a decent PRO3 car will go for up here. Course, there is a handful for sale around the 12K mark right now, but non which fresh motors.

For reference, the high water mark(s) for PRO3 cars, one was sold for around 40K.
                  Last edited by djjerme; 02-17-2017, 02:45 PM.
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I stopped receiving the daily e-mails about a week ago. Even signed up again at the web site, and nothing. Anyone else having a problem?

Cory
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

If you are going through Gmail, you have to add them as a contact. Gmail about a 6 months to a year ago got super strict with their spam filter. I still have a lot of bulk emails I signed up for that get caught in spam.

Relisted 318is.

BAT won't be happy until 318is command 10K regularly..
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Last day for the 325is.

Thought, I gotta say, I am more intrigued with where that 912 VIN ends up.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Twenty thousand dollars for a 325i. I'm very happy right now
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yep

Comment

These cars have been undervalued for years; given how good they are as modern classics, I think they're worth $20,000 for a mint low mileage example. ;D

On the downside, as a buyer it's going to make it a lot harder to find a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                                I think they're worth $20,000 for a mint low mileage example. ;D
                                I just looked at the listing for the car again and saw it has over 100,000 miles on it. It's a stunning well optioned car in a great colour, but that's a surprising price. Wow. :o

Comment

Working...
                                X