What New Phone Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What New Phone Should I Get?

So today I placed an order for a 128gb Pixel XL since it was on back order. The store clerk told me it would take 2 months and if I feel the need to cancel the order and get a different phone I can. So what does r3v feel like I should get? I'm not very keen on the iPhone 7 and at this point I feel its pointless to get the Galaxy S7 since the S8 is just around the corner. I currently have a S6 Edge, and previously I've had a S6, S5, iPhone 5s, and a iPhone 4 (Before that it was a few base model androids, and before that it was non smart phones) . Also my current phones screen is severely cracked so that why I'm in the market for a new one.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

I got the Pixel 128GB and it's very good. Are all Pixels back ordered or just the XLs?
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I really like my iPhone 7 to be honest, the battery life alone is worth it.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        I got the Pixel 128GB and it's very good. Are all Pixels back ordered or just the XLs?
        All Pixels are back ordered. The 32gb Pixel is back ordered for 2 weeks and the 128gb Pixel XL is back ordered for 2 months.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        I've done the iPhone thing before and it was a great phone, but I just can't get behind them now and days. For the iPhone 8 they'll probably delete the home button, power, and rocker switches and you'll have to buy dongles for those too.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          The batt is amazing in the new one. I haven't plugged mine into a wall since I've had it the past few weeks. Just driving around with it plugged into my stereo is enough to keep it fully charged.

My friends are all about this brand https://oneplus.net/. They make super nice phones, and its way cheaper than apple or ss
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Learn semaphore

Click image for larger version

Name:	HELP-in-Semaphore-The-Beatles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	7189792

Get a blanket and build a fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmokeSignals.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	7189793

Comment

Get a flip phone and a tablet, infinite battery life and signal, and you can do phone things while using the internet. an 8" tablet makes things just cumbersome enough to not be on FB and Tinder all day lol
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                All Pixels are back ordered. The 32gb Pixel is back ordered for 2 weeks and the 128gb Pixel XL is back ordered for 2 months.
                Wow - glad I got mine when I did then! The Black Friday deal I got was too good to pass up.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                For the iPhone 8 they'll probably delete the home button, power, and rocker switches and you'll have to buy dongles for those too.
                That's funny, though probably not far from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

My friends are all about this brand https://oneplus.net/. They make super nice phones, and its way cheaper than apple or ss
                  My roommate picked up a OnePlus 3 on my suggestion (since he is an Android fan) and really likes it. It's a well built device and you are right, it's way cheaper than other comparable phones. Good suggestion!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

I purchased an LG G5 because it ticked every box for me.

- Removable Battery
                    - Type-C USB
                    - Head phone jack
                    - SD Card slot
                    - Amazing camera

I will warn everyone though.. Do Not Get the G5. Mine has started to experience an issue where it will start rebooting in a loop and eventually die completely. I have to remove the battery and leave it out over night before I can get it to boot again. Researching the issue, it appears everyone is having this issue and some are even on their 3rd replacement and still having the issue. It's really a shame because it's an amazing phone with a super rare combination of features.

Comment

When that happened to my lg tablet (now broken) the only thing that would get it going was a 2.5+ amp charger. That reboot and die ahit is frustrating as hell.
                      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Lg V20 has been amazing for the months I've been using it as a work device. Moto Z is also an interesting device. The Huawei Hero devices are pretttttty nice as well. +1 on the One Plus too.
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
                          I purchased an LG G5 because it ticked every box for me.

- Removable Battery
                          - Type-C USB
                          - Head phone jack
                          - SD Card slot
                          - Amazing camera
                          That's pretty much the same as my required feature list. When my Galaxy S5 dies I'm not seeing good signs for future purchases. Everyone seems to be moving permanently towards "enormous tablet phone with no expandable storage and non-replaceable battery" and people are eating it up.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Removable battery and SD card slot were the least and second least important of those features for me respectively, which is why I compromised with the 128GB pixel. That and it takes arguably the best pictures of any phone on the market right now.

I had a 16GB S5 with a 32GB SD card in it, and it had more than 20GB free when I switched phones.

For someone who has to be on their phone literally all day, a removable battery used to be a consideration. But with charging and power saving technology where it is now - not to mention the advances in portable charging - it's really not necessary.

Comment

The issue isn't battery charge life, it's the fact that after a year or so of heavy use your cell phone battery is down a significant amount from its original capacity, this is unavoidable and made worse if you're the type who runs your phone down to 8% every day. I don't tend to upgrade to the latest and greatest every time it comes out like many, so I want to be able to replace the battery and have good capacity over the 2-3 years I use the phone.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                              X