No announcement yet.

What New Phone Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The appealing thing about the G5's removable battery was that you could order your spare with an LG dock that would charge it outside the phone and also act as a power block for additional charge.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      The issue isn't battery charge life, it's the fact that after a year or so of heavy use your cell phone battery is down a significant amount from its original capacity
      That wasn't my experience in the three years of S5 ownership, though as with all things YMMV.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

My wife has a G5 - hasn't had any issues with it. I have a G4, and it had a boot loader defect which bricked the phone - but LG repaired it. The G5 is definitely a nice phone.

I hate Samsung products, personally - every Samsung product I have ever owned has been the most horribly made cheap peice of shit. Plus I hate how they muck with the UI and add tons of bloatware. The Pixel sounds cool but it wasn't out at the time I got a phone (obviously).

Personally, I would hold out for the better phone. You're going to have it for a couple years, why settle for something that's already out of date? I limped along with my old LG OptimusG (like 5 generations older than my G4!) while my phone was being repaired - it sucked, but I survived.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hold out for the Pixel, its the best Android phone on the market right now, nothing compares in regards to security, updates, etc.

I love my 128 XL

Comment

Try a Galaxy S7 Edge.

I hear they're hot.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
              Hold out for the Pixel, its the best Android phone on the market right now, nothing compares in regards to security, updates, etc.

I love my 128 XL
              I really like what I've heard about it, but it boggles my mind they didn't do anything for dust/water resistance.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                I really like what I've heard about it, but it boggles my mind they didn't do anything for dust/water resistance.
                I keep hearing that, but having never owned a waterproof / resistant phone it does not bother me. Than again I've never broken any phone I've ever owned, well minus a flip phone that fell out of my pocket when I was 16 and into the water.

Comment

no waterproofing, but you don't have to buy 15 expensive dongles to do normal stuff like use a headphone jack either. ;)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm leaning pretty hard towards the Pixel right now. I does lack some basic things like waterproofing, removable batteries, and SD cards, but I keep seeing things like "Its the best android phone ever" and thats hard to ignore. I did get a date on when my Pixel ships and its a week after the Galaxy S8 gets reviled so I can always cancel my order if the S8 revolutionizes the phone industry.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      I keep hearing that, but having never owned a waterproof / resistant phone it does not bother me. Than again I've never broken any phone I've ever owned, well minus a flip phone that fell out of my pocket when I was 16 and into the water.
                      I lost a phone in the shop to fluid, so it's always on my list now.

Wait, it doesn't have SD functionality either? Mmph...strike two.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      no waterproofing, but you don't have to buy 15 expensive dongles to do normal stuff like use a headphone jack either.
                      I use a Galaxy S5, so neither do I :)

Comment

I wouldn't say they didn't do anything... it has an IP53 rating. The dust IP rating (the first of the two numbers) is the second highest score possible.

One spec you won't find on the sheet for the new Google Pixel and Pixel XL is their IP53 certification. Google has confirmed that like the HTC 10, both Pixel phones are indeed tested ...

Comment

I use a Galaxy S5, so neither do I :)
                          Is the original charging cover still attached?

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            I wouldn't say they didn't do anything... it has an IP53 rating. The dust IP rating (the first of the two numbers) is the second highest score possible.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...res-what-means
                            Oh, that's good! Last I'd read (admittedly a while ago), it said it had no resistance at all.
                            Is the original charging cover still attached?
                            Yep! Still 100%.

Comment

That wasn't my experience in the three years of S5 ownership, though as with all things YMMV.
                              I had an S5 and the battery was lucky to last 3 hours. Over all, it was like all Samsung products, just a buggy piece of crap. Plus their version of Android is the worst, bloated crap version ever.

I've got a 128GB Pixel XL and really like it. The pictures it takes are amazing for a phone.

Comment

I actually loved my S5, I think its my favorite phone to date. However it did have a massive flaw, that stupid charger cover. I mean it was more or less my fault since I'm the type who needs to fidget with stuff, but I think I went through like 5 of those covers over 2 years of ownership.

I'm really starting to like the Pixel more and more and I'm happy I went with the 128gb XL. It was a tough choice at the time but I think its actually worth the extra money.
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X