Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's an unusual mechanical failure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap, did the center of the bracket tear out?!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      Holy crap, did the center of the bracket tear out?!
      I have no clue, I just picked the car up on the 18th of Jan lol I noticed it while I was doing a ghetto exhaust fix and pulling the headers... (no money is going in to that tired single cam..)

I have found aftermarket sway brackets with a reinforcing backplate if you would like the link..

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

(How to edit on taptalk??)

Comment

Those look pretty nasty.

Mine has just developed a weird front end clunk too, I'd assumed it was just a ball joint, but going out to check my sway bar mounts now!

I did recently replace my front sway bar links with Meyle HD ones, so maybe mine have also let go?!
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            Those look pretty nasty.

Mine has just developed a weird front end clunk too, I'd assumed it was just a ball joint, but going out to check my sway bar mounts now!

I did recently replace my front sway bar links with Meyle HD ones, so maybe mine have also let go?!
            Its a possibility and easy to check ;) hope ya get yours figured out

Comment

I think this is a common thing for all BMWs, somehow they love to design subframe components such that they crack and tear.

Comment

Got the car back last night and surprisingly, it drives much better with unblown strut inserts and an attached sway bar!
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                  Got the car back last night and surprisingly, it drives much better with unblown strut inserts and an attached sway bar!
                  Good to hear :) might bend mine and use a large washer to hold it on for the time being until i can get it fixed

Comment

Originally posted by RobTapps88 View Post
                    Its a possibility and easy to check ;) hope ya get yours figured out
                    Fortunately my sway bar mounts were fine. Weirdly, I put the car up on axle stands to check it, all looked fine, so I put it back down. Clunk was gone...

When I did the sway bar links, I did it with the car on ramps, so maybe the link had bound slightly, when I put the car on stands the suspension went to full drop it loosened up? Anyway - all's well that ends well.

Good to hear yours worked out!
                    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Maybe you accidentally the whole thing?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        Maybe you accidentally the whole thing?
                        I think I accidentally at least half and then the rest sometimes sure did.

Comment

Working...
                        X