trany swap help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trany swap help please!

ok i got everything on my auto trany off. all the fluid lines drive shaft and bolts around the bell housing are off. I have just been following the bently guide(autozone equivalint). the only thing that it says to do, that i have not done is unbolt 3 bolts on the torque converter, but when i looked in the little window in the bell housing there is no way to get a standard wrench on that bolt. at least no way i can see. so guys, can you help me out what is the secret? :?

push flywheel to acces the 3 bolts. Also make sure the flywheel cover which goes in between the tranny and the motor is taken off. IF not look @ this thread.

Comment

there is still not enought clearance for a wrench. i have that little plastic cover off the bell housing. there is stioll not enough room for the wrench to fit on the bolt. i don't think that it will make a differance but maybe if i jacked the tranny up then that might give me a little bit more room but that should not change anything with in the little access window.

Comment

You're thinking of the Wrong part, Bolted on the Engine itself is a Large cover that covers up the rear of the Flywheel, the 3 lower Tranny bolts go into it, remove it then you can get to the 3 bolts from the Front side of the car.
        Remove the transmission bump stop and the reinforcement plate at the bottom of the bellhousing by removing couple of Torx/Hex bolts

Working through the opening in the bellhousing, remove the (3)bolts that hold the torque converter to the drive plate

85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

thanks so much dude that is exactly what i needed to know. i am not beliveing you gave me that good of an answer. great pics. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X