clutch hydrolic problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch hydrolic problems

before i start, sorry if its long but i want to explain everything.

so about four weeks ago i was driving and my clutch pedal died on me (stayed on the floor when i pushed it in). well i did my homework and deducted that my clutch slave cylinder had gone out. i assumed this because the pedal stuck to the floor and there was fluid leaking under the car, not by the pedals.

anyhow, yesterday i replaced my slave cylinder. in the process i used this method for restoring pressure to the cylinder: before i installed the new slave i hooked it up to the hydrolics, and bled it. by that i mean i would open the bleeder valve, push the rod in, close the bleeder valve and let the rod slowly pull out forcing fluid into the cylinder.

so that seemed to have worked as there was pressure back into the clutch pedal (felt firm as you pushed it to the floor). however, the pedal still refused to come back up all the way. so i figured i would bleed the whole system. so i had a buddy press the pedal down as i opened the bleeder valve, then closed the valve and had him pull the pedal back out. no luck.

so i decided to inspect the master cylinder. well it definately sounds like the master cylinder draws in air and fluid as it becomes decompressed, and bleeding the system didnt help. so could my master cylinder be shot even though it never leaked fluid? could there be an air leak somewhere else? (i inspected all the hoses and they all seem to be fine) any ideas?

thanks in advance for the help.

There are 2 rubber grommets on the master cylinder where the resevoir attaches. They can leak air. Mine were, and you can get them at the dealer for dirt cheap and replace them.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
    X