MegaSquirt 2 Embarrassingly Noob Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    not quite constantly. you never run the injector above 80% if you can avoid it. and you certainly shouldn't be at 80% dc at only 4000rpm.

also, there are other factors - like individual cylinder trims that you can't do with batch fire, and being able to run large injectors and still have an acceptable idle.
    On a stim it certainly looks almost constant, but I'm not here to argue, yes sequential is ultimately better.

Is it really worth the $350.00 with the application at hand?
    Well that's up to you Max Bell. I'm running MS1, wasted spark and I'm certain I'm going to hit 400 whp with my $100 ECU

Comment

I wasn't aware that not being able to see individual pulses with the naked eye was a benchmark for performance. :p

You get a lot more than sequential fuel and spark for the extra money, regardless. If MS1 is working for you, great! I've put tens of thousands of miles on MS2 & 3, they seem to work pretty well too.

Btw, at ~3000 rpm, spark pulses look continuous too, but you can still hear them at 10,000+ rpm. Its pretty cool to watch, in a nerdy car dude way.
      Just a bit longer with high rpm testing (over 12,000 rpm). The sound is almost musical, you can nearly hear "doe rae me fa so la tee doe" . A bit pointless...
      Last edited by nando; 02-14-2014, 10:23 AM.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
      X