e30 m3 value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m3 value

I've started scouring my area for a project e30 m3 and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on value. Obviously there are a wide range of scenarios but here are a few of the most likely.

1. Basket case. Complete but with rust and non running engine.
    2. Decent condition. Complete with minimal rust needs engine work.
    4. Project car that got pulled apart years ago and never finished but likely has all needed parts.

Get whatever has the least amount of rust, everything else is fixable.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Even the rust is fixable. Just make sure you get the hard to find parts, I.e. the fill panel in the parcel tray...etc.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

One of the 'best deals' in recent memory was a $15,000 car with major rust issues, a motor that hadn't run in many years, and a "rough" interior so bad the seller didn't take one picture of it.

You're likely looking at $20,000+ for any project worth buying today unless you have a huge amount of skill and time. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
          One of the 'best deals' in recent memory was a $15,000 car with major rust issues, a motor that hadn't run in many years, and a "rough" interior so bad the seller didn't take one picture of it.

You're likely looking at $20,000+ for any project worth buying today unless you have a huge amount of skill and time. :o
          Saw this posting in la https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5936555903.html for 28k and that made me hope 15k would get a decent roller. Guess I am about 5 years to late for that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO it's generally cheaper to pay more up front for a nicer model than to start with something cheap that needs everything. There should be less surprises too.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              IMO it's generally cheaper to pay more up front for a nicer model than to start with something cheap that needs everything. There should be less surprises too.
              Def agree with that but I can't afford the 30+ for one and figured pretty soon they will be out of reach for good

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                Saw this posting in la https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5936555903.html for 28k and that made me hope 15k would get a decent roller. Guess I am about 5 years to late for that
                If you want a good start for a project with an S14 you're dreaming.

Without the S14, though, with a good helping of patience you could get a decent project car within your budget.

Comment

M3

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post

That e30 m3 looks tempting, to bad I just bought a 190e 16v. Not to mention I'm running out of parking for more cars! Good luck with your search and definitely find a complete car to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                    If you want a good start for a project with an S14 you're dreaming.

Without the S14, though, with a good helping of patience you could get a decent project car within your budget.
                    This. Finding anything better for less would almost be like winning the lottery.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
                      That e30 m3 looks tempting, to bad I just bought a 190e 16v. Not to mention I'm running out of parking for more cars! Good luck with your search and definitely find a complete car to start with.
                      How is the cosworth? I had thought about that as an alternative

Comment

Working...
                      X