Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Enthusio - The Custom Car Part Marketplace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    I think it's a cool idea and I do want it to succeed. I took 10 minutes to quickly mock up a different layout with all the same graphics. Something about the buttons and text over the car just bother me.

That look great! The website is currently under redesign but I'll give what you've done consideration because it looks so good. The only think I can think of that might be a deal breaker is that it wouldn't work for different screen resolutions.

Feedback!
    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Just finished going through the site and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see it built as a responsive site so viewing on mobile was just as easy as viewing on desktop.

With e30 parts slowly becoming more difficult to source and find, this could easily become a go to spot for the community to keep up to date on where to find or see if others are re-producing them.

-Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
        That look great! The website is currently under redesign but I'll give what you've done consideration because it looks so good. The only think I can think of that might be a deal breaker is that it wouldn't work for different screen resolutions.
        I can make you mock ups for different resolutions. PM me if you're interested.

I was discussing the site with my gf (a well published ux researcher) and she mentioned that since the site is starting out, maybe you do want to give equal priority to buyers and sellers. I thought that was a really good counterpoint to my point as a buyer (which I assumed would be the majority of users) I shouldn't have to click through another screen. She said you'd want traffic to see how easy it is to start selling and that she didn't have an issue with the current user flow. So there's that to consider.
        Last edited by Kershaw; 10-27-2016, 08:24 AM.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcox View Post
          Just finished going through the site and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see it built as a responsive site so viewing on mobile was just as easy as viewing on desktop.

With e30 parts slowly becoming more difficult to source and find, this could easily become a go to spot for the community to keep up to date on where to find or see if others are re-producing them.

-Justin
          Thanks :) Appreciate it! The hope is for it to become just that, for every type of car. That way if you ever decide to get a VW, this is the site you'll come to in order to find those parts.

I can make you mock ups for different resolutions. PM me if you're interested.

I was discussing the site with my gf (a well published ux researcher) and she mentioned that since the site is starting out, maybe you do want to give equal priority to buyers and sellers. I thought that was a really good counterpoint to my point as a buyer (which I assumed would be the majority of users) I shouldn't have to click through another screen. She said you'd want traffic to see how easy it is to start selling and that she didn't have an issue with the current user flow. So there's that to consider.
          I'm going with a Tindie or Etsy look for the new landing page, so it'll probably be much different. And to your latter point, that's what I was thinking. Right now I have the chicken and the egg problem, so I really need to target both audiences.

Feedback!

Comment

Nice! I'm glad to hear it. A little market research (aka let's steal their design!) of successful sites is always a good idea. Both of those sites are good to draw inspiration from.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Nice! I'm glad to hear it. A little market research (aka let's steal their design!) of successful sites is always a good idea. Both of those sites are good to draw inspiration from.
              I've redesigned the front page a tad bit until the real landing page is finished. Opinion?

Feedback!

Comment

I get that you're developing from a mobile first approach and that's great. But on a desktop resolution, it shouldn't still feel like a mobile site. Look at Tindie's responsive breakpoints, I think they did a great job with how the layout moves on each. Obviously they spent a shit ton on their development but it's something to keep in mind. I wouldn't give a temporary placeholder too much time if you're working on an entire redesign. It's up and it works, that's the MVP, right? Lol.

Also, shouldn't car enthusiasts be italicized together? The two words make one item, us. I understand you're trying to specify what type of enthusiast, but cars by itself looks weird, like a typo.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

This thread needs a bump.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I get that you're developing from a mobile first approach and that's great. But on a desktop resolution, it shouldn't still feel like a mobile site. Look at Tindie's responsive breakpoints, I think they did a great job with how the layout moves on each. Obviously they spent a shit ton on their development but it's something to keep in mind. I wouldn't give a temporary placeholder too much time if you're working on an entire redesign. It's up and it works, that's the MVP, right? Lol.

Also, shouldn't car enthusiasts be italicized together? The two words make one item, us. I understand you're trying to specify what type of enthusiast, but cars by itself looks weird, like a typo.
                    Great insight on mobile vs desktop approach. I'll give more thought into this as the site is being redesigned. I also took your advice and italicized both of those words together! :)

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    This thread needs a bump.
                    ;)

Feedback!

Comment

You should update the Sponsor listing for this site.

Enthusio.com is the only thing that shows up when I search Enthusio through google, as listed. Adding the dot (.) really changes things.
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                        You should update the Sponsor listing for this site.

Enthusio.com is the only thing that shows up when I search Enthusio through google, as listed. Adding the dot (.) really changes things.
                        Seems to have been updated, it is the third link that shows up for me now.

I think this is a great idea and can see it becoming a very useful site. However, I think the name/domain url is going to hurt you, especially with somebody else already using the .com domain without the "." that you are using. Just my .02 cents.

Also, I'm glad to see that this will be supporting parts for others cars besides e30s!
                        Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                          I think the name/domain url is going to hurt you,
                          I half agree - not going to argue with your. But.....I remember when the name "google" was laughed at.(It was all about alta-vista yo!)

Every good one or two word web name is taken, and sometimes it's more about links then a good name.

Enthusio is all good. I love what they are doing. Hats off!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            alta-vista
                            Wow, that's one I haven't heard in a while..

I was always more of a Lycos user back in the day. I think the logo was what sold me..
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                            X