Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another central locking issue

so here it is:
    i installed an alarm and keyless remote system on my e30.
    worked fine, was happy.
    after it had been sitting in the garage for a while (unlocked), i went and tried to lock the doors, using both the trunk and drivers side locks and it didn't work.
    there is no way i can lock the doors. not even by pushing the door pins down. the only exception to this is my passenger side door, which i am able to lock and unlock with the key.
    i am not even able to turn the key to the left in my trunk and driver's side locks.
    anyone have any ideas about a possible problem/solution?
    thanks
    -micah

also, i checked the fuse (#27, iirc) and it was blown. but then i put another 30A fuse in, and the locks still don't work. i checked the new fuse and it's fine.

Comment

You can not lock the driver's door? Does the door pin feel mechanically blocked or seized? Will it lock (mechanically) if you disconnect the battery? I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of the system but that's how a solenoid driven system behaves if the coil has cooked and locked up the drive rod.

Comment

^^^
        yeah, i tried disconnecting the battery and was still not able to lock it. normally when turning the key in the lock, you can hear some kind of mechanical-electrical sound, but i don't hear anything!
        so how would i check if my coil's wrecked?

Comment

bump
          can't lock my drivers door or trunk lid.
          any help would be appreciated...

Comment

Working...
          X