New E30 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner

I just recently became the proud owner of my first E30. I have to tell you I am already impressed with the cars power & handling ability. Being new to these cars I was just wondering if there is any thing specific I should look out for? Already did belts, hoses, valve adjustment, fliuds, filters & other maint. stuff. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
    I LOVE RALLY X !!!:-D

Welcome to r3vlimited!

Mainly the 325 just needs a timing belt every 60k, a valve adjust every 30, and you're good to go. The eta engine is pretty much bulletproof and will run almost forever!

Other things you can wait until they start making noises. I'd change the waterpump with the timing belt service, and change the radiator maybe every 100k or so.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      Welcome to r3vlimited!

Mainly the 325 just needs a timing belt every 60k, a valve adjust every 30, and you're good to go. The eta engine is pretty much bulletproof and will run almost forever!

Other things you can wait until they start making noises. I'd change the waterpump with the timing belt service, and change the radiator maybe every 100k or so.
      Yep. All you need.
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

welcome and congrats! some good info would be... dont R3V your E30 and have fun working on it.
        hook us up with some pics.
        1991 318iS swapped w/ euro S50B32
        -Michael

Comment

Welcome, I love my E car. get and lsd and a tmsJC chip and you ready to rock. You will love it.
          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Thanks for all of the info. I plan on doin the timing belt next week. I guess ill do the water pump too.

Comment

Check out your fan clutch as well. You have to take it off anyway with the timing belt and water pump change.
              Originally posted by KingB
              Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

Here are the pics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X