X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

anybody into bodybuilding/powerlifting?

Just wondering...

I broke my record yesterday on the trapbar (with handles lowered) 90 degree pull.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Denny

Blogs:
    http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
    http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
    http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

That looked uncomfortable. I go to the gym regularly but I'm not body building.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

beastmode.

i don't lift cause my heart will explode, true facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
        That looked uncomfortable.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Good on ya! Good lift.

I used to do "Powerlifting" over "bodybuilding". I put those in quotes b/c you'd never guess it looking at me (small guy, but strong for my weight class) My 1rm DL was about 245 (at 145 pounds weight)

I'm into aesthetic lifting now. I know a good bit about the subject, and Im in the gym often. I just dont eat enough. Speaking of which.... Lunch time :P

Comment

Bodybuilding. I don't understand what the point of power lifting is.

edit: Just watched some more of you videos. No homo, you look pretty good if your a power lifter.
            I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
            Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Powerlifting

I am a small guy so it's even more fun =-)

5"7 130-135lbs

Deadlift : 315
              Squat: 225 ATG
              Bench:,, Not sure on BB Flat really don't do it often, but I can rep 80s incline DB.

Comment

Powerlifting for me.

6'1 at 245

deadlift: 405 - Recovering from a back injury so I don't do much of this
                bench: 295 - I haven't done max reps lately so this is just for reps
                squat: 510 on the bar - once again haven't done max reps, this is my weight at the end of my squat routine

I'm wanting to get more into the strong man competition style of lifting and training to work my ways up to that.
                320I - under construction

Comment

Nice!

I used to power lift with the Metal Militia team out of Lake George. They taught me a lot. I go in and out of pushing the heaving weight around, but I generally like to do more athletic stuff.

Strong Man comps are always fun. This picture was taken back in 09.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i used to do lifting a couple years ago in high school was just shy of my schools record i DL maxed 520 and the record was 525....soooo close! im 6'5" 260lbs btw

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                      That looked uncomfortable. I go to the gym regularly but I'm not body building.
                      It was a hard lift... first time I attempted it..in 1 month or 2 it will be a lot easier :)

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                      beastmode.

i don't lift cause my heart will explode, true facts.
                      seriously? damn man...sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                      Good on ya! Good lift.

I used to do "Powerlifting" over "bodybuilding". I put those in quotes b/c you'd never guess it looking at me (small guy, but strong for my weight class) My 1rm DL was about 245 (at 145 pounds weight)

I'm into aesthetic lifting now. I know a good bit about the subject, and Im in the gym often. I just dont eat enough. Speaking of which.... Lunch time :P
                      Nice at 145 lifting 245 on a DL is almost the equivalent of me at 225 lifting 500 so pound per pound its not bad at all.

Eating is a very important factor... Im planning on getting to 240-250 while keeping my 34" waist...I hope anyway.

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                      Bodybuilding. I don't understand what the point of power lifting is.

edit: Just watched some more of you videos. No homo, you look pretty good if your a power lifter.
                      Thanks man. My body looks more like a bodybuilder then powerlifter as I dont just do single reps... but its the best way to get strong so I can build more muscle with more reps.

Originally posted by RondoAcapriccio View Post
                      Powerlifting

I am a small guy so it's even more fun =-)

5"7 130-135lbs

Deadlift : 315
                      Squat: 225 ATG
                      Bench:,, Not sure on BB Flat really don't do it often, but I can rep 80s incline DB.
                      Nice! another great example in lifting almost double your weight!

Originally posted by smerfs View Post
                      Powerlifting for me.

6'1 at 245

deadlift: 405 - Recovering from a back injury so I don't do much of this
                      bench: 295 - I haven't done max reps lately so this is just for reps
                      squat: 510 on the bar - once again haven't done max reps, this is my weight at the end of my squat routine

I'm wanting to get more into the strong man competition style of lifting and training to work my ways up to that.

You should convert to the trapbar much much easier on the back..it blasts the legs and back. For me it replaces DL and squats my legs went from 24.5" to 26.5" in months and back increased in thickness a lot too.

Those are great numbers keep going man!

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                      Nice!

I used to power lift with the Metal Militia team out of Lake George. They taught me a lot. I go in and out of pushing the heaving weight around, but I generally like to do more athletic stuff.

Strong Man comps are always fun. This picture was taken back in 09.
                      Very cool! how much does the log weight?.... Overhead presses are ridiculous hard to do... a LOT of people shy away from them. For me my best Military press for 1 rep was 230 pounds strict rep...

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                      i used to do lifting a couple years ago in high school was just shy of my schools record i DL maxed 520 and the record was 525....soooo close! im 6'5" 260lbs btw
                      Compared to me at 5'10 and 225 pounds your a monster :) Time to go and beat that record....

Very cool to see some lifters in the forum...
                      Denny

Blogs:
                      http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
                      http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
                      http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

It was low-mid 300 iirc. It's a different feel than clean and pressing a barbell; rather similar to flipping a heavy tire, the lifts don't directly translate.

The gentleman in the picture is Bill Crawford, he's worth a look up - he pressed 900 at a meet in March.

Comment

I used to back in high school. Gotta start once again.
                          IG: @_j.wn

Comment

haha. not really explode, but one of my valves leaks and it's best to avoid serious red-faced anaerobic exercise.

that said I enjoy pushing heavy shit around, yesterday at work I had fun with a hopper filled to the brim with old phone books. damn thing had to weigh over 600lbs, and the wheels didn't exactly spin smoothly..

Comment

Back in the gym after having an all too consuming desk job for a year. Making progress though.

Comment

Working...
                              X