• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Special...My Megasquirt install

Comment

That''s pretty awesome...

Comment

Hey, great job! Did you go directly off their instructions?

Where did you get that board holder/magnifying glass setup?

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
        Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Originally posted by ZenitramNaes View Post
          Where did you get that board holder/magnifying glass setup?
          They're called helping hands, iirc.
          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

^ Its called a Third Hand Adjustable Parts Holder
            pretty cheap $7.99 and super useful. So much easier to solder components to board with it. Here's link I found on google:
            View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.

I bought mine at the Source (Radio Shack) at the local mall for more then that, because I wanted it right away.

Yeah I just followed the instructions to assemble the Zeal Engineering Daughter board. It adds VR signal conditioning to the MS1. I bought that at Diyautotune.com
            The Zeal Engineering Daughterboard - give your MegaSquirt VR conditioner input, relay output, tach output, and more!

Comment

This is how the board looks like all wired up for boost control, fan control, tach output and VR signal conditioning

Comment

Now to make the adapter harness:

Comment

Start up Circuit - design credit goes to Goathumper
                  Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Grounds

Injectors

Almost complete adapter

Last edited by Paradox; 01-29-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post

^ Its called a Third Hand Adjustable Parts Holder
                      pretty cheap $7.99 and super useful. So much easier to solder components to board with it. Here's link I found on google:
                      View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.

I bought mine at the Source (Radio Shack) at the local mall for more then that, because I wanted it right away.[/url]
                      Awesome, just ordered one for future use.

Hey great job on this thread. I'll definitely be coming back for reference.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
                      Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Working...
                      X