Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need all the help I can get PLEASE! What is my first step??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need all the help I can get PLEASE! What is my first step??

Hey all,
    This is my first post and I must say that I am excited to begin this journey:D! I have an '86 325es and in about a week or so I plan on buying a complete M50B25 engine with the Getrag 220 transmission. I've been thinking for a while and I have decided that I would like to turbo. This will be a weekend car and my goal is to get around 320-400 hp. I've been reading and rereading several times about it on several forums and it's a lot of information for me to take in and completely understand:???:. What I'm looking for is sort of a guide and learning experience. The engine has about 100xxx miles on it so I'm assuming it's in great shape, but I wanted to tear it down anyways and refresh it so I don't have to fix little things later down the road. I just want to ask that I don't have to rebuild anything at this point right? I would like some clarification on modifying stock internals like pistons, rods, cams, etc and whether that would be getting one from another car or if the current ones are fine to get the most out of the engine. Once the engine is sound, then I'll put my focus on turbo. Has anyone here compiled a "shopping list" of parts that I'll need? Someone's done it for an S52 build and I was curious if there was one for refreshing the M50B25. Thank you for reading this far hahaha I know I have a lot of questions and this is only the beginning! All input is appreciated greatly and I can't wait to see where this will take me! :D

Look at "Jordans Massive turbo write up" on e30tech. It's got a ton of pics, step by steps, and part lists.

Click here for the link if you don't wanna search It's the first result, second entry. You can also look at the first result. There are both great guides that can provide a learning experience.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
    X