M20 turbo manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    Bottom mount might be a pain to initially install but it makes everything else way easier to work on. Well, maybe not oil changes but a filter relocation kit solves that issue. I prefer a stealthy kit. I just want a manifold that flows better than my current log setup.
    Ok sounds good....
    I am gonna try to get a turbo tomorrow for mock up this weekend ...
    I have prior experience in r&d at a r35 and 370z shop and have helped design turbo kits that were then mass produce ... So I have experience is design and function and can also fabricate ... If possible if I find some local interest I want to dyno test some different designs ....the money thing is gonna be the deciding factor in production... I try to make a superior product and I don't want to lower my standards to make a buck ... At the end of the day I have to support my family so I can eat.... I will see what I can do to make everyone happy but know that these take about a week a piece from start to finish to make and a decent amount in consumables everything is fully back purged so I use a lot of gas and it ain't cheap... On that not I hope to have it mocked up this weekend and try to get a prototype mocked up.. I also need to source a head flange that meets my expectations ... If anyone is local and has some interest in one please pm me

Comment

I'd say try and borrow a holset HX35 since that's what most m20 guys end up running.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ok I'm not sure what turbo I'm going to have for mock up but I will try to leave room so it will fit different turbos... I'm going to go with a Borg Warner for mine so that's what I might use

Comment

Very nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

If you make a TS manifold that's not $1600 I think you'd have a TON of interest. I know how much time goes into it, but once you have something solid worked out, do a group buy. I think $1200 would be a fair price point for a split pulse top mount as far as the consumer end is concerned, don't know if that's a possibility or not.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Ok sounds good ... I probably make two versions or have options on what everyone needs

Comment

I'm gonna try to have my car ready to be able to do some testing on the dyno

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
                    sigpic

Comment

Would be very interested in seeing a bottom-mount M20 option.

Comment

Originally posted by E34DIYer View Post
                        Would be very interested in seeing a bottom-mount M20 option.
                        I agree would be pretty cool the only options for this is the cast log style. Would be cool to have headers that point down for the turbo. Makes ac more applicable as well.
                        Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

wow.. that's amazing fabrication !!!!

[ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------
                          [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'll throw in a second request for a TS that will work with an IX. I'd take one even if it was >1000. That seems to be what revshift and JG were charging for what was perceived to be a superior product.

2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
                            2002 M5
                            '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Ok I need to find a ix local to use for mock up

Comment

Id be interested in a RHD manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X