No announcement yet.

Non M3 e30's Finally Getting Some Respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder if this is what women feel like when they watch romantic movies.

Comment

"If you don't drive one, you won't get it"

Spot. On.

I was the same way until I drove one. Here I am almost 7 years later and I still love this car.
      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

IMO,, 2 of the greatest non ///M E30 is with out doubt the 2 ZA (( South-Africa)) version

333i and 325is ,,,,,,,, and in 3 place is the 320is S14

and here is a great article with,,, perhaps the 3 great,,,

IMO,, the B6 3.5s is of course also there,, but is not a common car,, only 62 made
        Last edited by Alpina; 12-31-2016, 11:43 AM.
        Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
        ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
        E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

My couple of observations. And I own a garage queen E30 M3, a PRO3 race car, a couple of street E30s one being a lapping day car.

The stuff they bolted on the wagon will make that car about 10 seconds a lap faster on a road course, versus stock.

On the flip side, if they ran each for 30 minutes on the track, the wagon would probably keep consistent lap times due to the R888s. The new 3 series, with full tread blocks, will probably start to heat up and loose grip and give up a couple seconds a lap at the end of 30 minutes, even if the tires are performance rubber.

I like this video, but in defense of the Respect Your Elders video, RYE was done on a shoe string budget by a young college student. This video had a budget 1000 times larger to play with.

Someone alert the director to the E30 Picnic in Seattle in case he ever does a follow up. Biggest E30 car show on the planet. www.E30Picnic.com

cheers,
          Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
          www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

As a budding e30 enthusiast, I thought I had seen most of the best, relevant videos for these cars. How did I miss "Respect Your Elders"?

I loved it, thanks for filming it, and I've forwarded it to others. I knew we had a decent sized e30 community here in the PNW, but I had no idea how big and enthusiastic it is until I saw this film.
            '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
              As a budding e30 enthusiast, I thought I had seen most of the best, relevant videos for these cars. How did I miss "Respect Your Elders"?

I loved it, thanks for filming it, and I've forwarded it to others. I knew we had a decent sized e30 community here in the PNW, but I had no idea how big and enthusiastic it is until I saw this film.
              Agreed

Whenever I'm feeling lonely, I put that vid on and rub one out.

true story
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
              X